Chapter 1

***Serena's POV

I walk out the contest hall, shaking. My Pokemon, Braixen, follows behind me.

"Yes! We won our first ribbon!"

I jump up in joy with Braixen, who yells out in victory.

I'm so proud of us. For the first time on our own, we won!

"This calls for a victory picnic!"

We rush over to an empty picnic table under trees right across from the Pokemon Center.

"Come on out everyone!"

Panchum, Slyveon, and my newest friend, Mudkip, pop out of their Pokeballs.

"Gather around everyone! In honor of our first victory here in Hoenn, we're having a picnic! Feel free to play and enjoy some free time, but please don't wander too far off, ok?"

Everyone happily agrees.

"Go on then! Have fun!"

I smile as I watch my Pokemon run around and take advantage of the fresh air. Slyveon plays tag with Braixen and Panchum, while Mudkip takes a dip in the pond.

It's a beautiful day in the Hoenn region, with the sun's rays hitting everywhere it can reach. The water from the pond next to us is brightly reflecting the light. Other Pokemon are out and about. Taillows fly overhead, a Plusle and Minum chase each other up a tree, and a Pichu is dazed by its reflection in the water.

I eventually stop admiring the view, and begin preparing the food for the picnic.

...

"Everyone! Come eat!"

All my Pokemon rush to their bowls. I smile as they happily eat their food. Then I go sit down at the table, and begin to play with my food.

Even though I'm lucky to have such amazing Pokemon with me on my journey, I miss having people traveling with me, like Clemont, Bonnie, and Ash.

Oh Ash.

I wonder how he's doing. I hope he's ok. He probably forgot about me already. I wish he was here celebrating with me. Maybe I should give him a call. I hope he'll answer. He didn't answer my call yesterday, so would I be annoying if I call again?

No! Stop!

I need to relax. I haven't taken a bite yet!

I sigh, and bring the fork to my mouth.

"Excuse me, miss?"

I turn around, and I see a young man in a black leather jacket with red stripes running vertically on the sides, matching his black jeans and black shoes.

He has brown skin, with spiky black hair. He stares at me with his brown eyes.

I don't realize that I'm staring until he asks, "Are you checking me out?"

I nearly choke.

"What? No! Sorry, I was chewing."

I try my best hide my blushing face.

"Oh, my bad. I didn't mean to startle you. I was just wondering if you'd mind if I played some music over by the pond?" He asks with a smile.

I can't help but look at his eyes.

"G-go ahead, I don't mind."

"Thanks."

He smiles as he turns and walks over to the pond.

I give in, and I feel my face get warm.

Stop it Serena! What's wrong with you? You haven't been like this since-

My thoughts are interrupted, as I hear gentle, slow music. Curious, I turn around and see the man who talked to me sitting on the grass, with a speaker playing a slow swing tune. My body gives in to the music and begins to sway side to side.

I close my eyes.

It's so peaceful.

Oh my, if only Ash was here. Then hopefully he would ask me to dance to this lovely song.

If only.

I feel the music lift all the stress, worry, and other negative feelings out of my body, leaving me at peace.

It feels great.

The music comes to a subtle end, and I'm hit with a cold breeze, bringing me back to reality. I open my eyes, and I see a storm forming above us.

"Everyone, please come back, it's gonna storm!"

I quickly return everyone to their Pokeballs, and I gather my things. I look for the man, but he's already gone.

All the other Pokemon have disappeared as well, not including the Pichu still staring in the water.

Suddenly, thunder strikes, and both the Pichu and I jump. Pichu quickly runs off. I start rush to the Pokemon Center as it begins to downpour.

I'm drenched in a matter of seconds, but I keep going. I spot Pokemon hiding in the trees trying to take shelter.

I'm almost to the Pokemon Center. I'm just about to enter, when something hits me on my side and I'm thrown in the air. I scream, as gravity pulls me back towards the ground. I land with a thud.

As I pick myself up, I slowly around. A Swampert standing on his hind legs in front of me, looking down at me menacingly. Behind him, there's a man with a black and blue mask, dressed in all black clothing, minus his navy blue cape.

"Hello Serena." He says.

"I've been looking for you."