The Forsaken Lands/Chapter five

She stared into the fire the solider had built she had yet to ask his name as he removed his breast plate pulling up his shirt revealing a terrible flesh wound, "come here lass" she got up timidly and made her way over to him "you wouldnt mind make that dress of yours into a bandage would you not much of it left anyhow" she blushed at his words embrassed but with the nod of the head agreed just the same.
He smiled at her as she tore her dress bandageing his shoulder and muscular tarso, as a girl ken had gotten into brawls and had tended to him however she still felt uncomfortable in this postion espeacailly since he was stareing at her quite openly. "My names salam lass" Malena smiled "my names malena umm- ho-how do you know my father?" She asked quickly as she say his eyes become hazy, he shook his head "well your father knew my father, he hide some moon people once and got exicuted for it your old man took care of me for some time" Malena nodded "how old are you?" Salam smiled "thirty seven lass" she nodded again she had just turned tewentyone so he was not that old. Salam smiled as she took in his features he had dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes, stresslines and thin lips and his nose was slightly crooked but he was still handsome and his body was muscular from being in service to the king "better get some shut eye girl i will wacth over you go on" he ordered even though he looked as if he was in pain as if hearing her thoughts he smiled at her"im fine lass go on now" she nodded making a nest out of the fallen leaves on the ground from the trees, the forsaken lands were diffrent from maria the earth was black and the trees looked sliver, they were glitering in the night like fire torches so much so they did not seem to need the fire.
However what worried here the most was that they had seen nor heard no animals since they arrived, malena shighed as she closed her eyes finally the hardship of the events that took place finally took its toll wisking her off to sleep.

~"Ken! Slow down damnit"malena stopped running grabing her knees tryinh to cacth her breath"your slow lena all those sewing skirts made you soft"melean gleared up at him in a gasping for air "its your long legs that made you win not talent" ken threw his head back and laugh "once a sore loser-ow!" He nursed his arm where she had punched him ken wacthed her laugh and smiled "you know that i love you melena dont you?" Melena blushed hugging him "and i you" his arms tighted around as some the warm suddenly splashed into her face she wiped at it wildly and screamed as blood coated her plams, ken tighted his hold on her in a bone crushing one "Ma-lena" she screamed as she saw his face it was rotten with worms crawling on his face and his skin peeling of "no!" She screamed fighting him "dont leave me! You hear me this is your fault! Take responsiblity!" He shook her grinning down at her as his talons sank in her flesh drewing blood "stay with me dont you love me?" He asked his eyes red and tears of blood streamed down his face as he bent his head down for a kiss.~

"No!" Malena screamed waking up gasping for air, she blinked taking in a deep breath she was fine, safe she blinked back tears looking around only to spot salam sleeping soundly malena smiled ofcourse he was tired too. She got up and strecthed dawn was breaking and yet she could not beileve she had left maria even though it had fallen she could not be happier being poor was hard enough but being known as a wicth was worse they could do anything they liked with here and suffer no puinshment she didnt know what she was ,be it a wicth or anything else she was just simply cursed and that was that. She walked over into the clearing the sound of running water could be heard in the distance and the need to clean her self suddenly could not be denied she followed the sound untill she came upon a a medow the grass here was glistening sliver like perched fireflies but what made her loss her breath was the water fall it was magnificent and majestic flowing over the shinny rocks down into a huge pool that glowed bright blue, She giggled exictedly like a young child that had just been gifted at toy.

Malenea stripped off her her gown and stepping into the water she moaned as the cool water touched her tired body she cupped her hands and washed her face, and rinseing her hair srubing the dirt of the skin and finger combing her hair de-knoting all the tangles, she pulled her dress into the water washing it and her undergarments flashing the out before pulling them back on still on she did not have time let them dry.

She put her wet hair into a bun the water still driping from it suddenly a cold shiver went up her spine the medow did not feel so happy so much more as if she was being wacthed the feeling crawled all over her body like spiders causeing her to shudder she was at the end of the pool when she head a loud splash malena turned around only to see the most beauiful woman she had ever seen.

Salam woke groaning in pain damnit that darklord sick son of a bicth, he did not love his kingdom infact it was the same king that had beheaded his father infront of the the entire kingdom his head mounted on a spike for all to see rotten away it was then he entered the king's army to servive he of all people thanked the gods the kingdom of maria had fallen however he grinded his teeth when he rememberd the dark lord he would not give up one slaver for a other nor would he let him have malenea he made a promise to her father long ago and everyone knew the man's reputation around women. He bolted upright as he did not see malenea anywhere dread filled him "malena?! Malena! Lass where are you!"

Malena could not move as the creature swam closer to her in a slow pace her black hair falling around her naked shoulder and upper body, her eyes were like dimonds crystal clear like water and her skin pale as if never kissed by the sun.

When she finally came in reach she lifted her hand from the water reaching for malena who was unable to tear her gaze away from it, its clawed hand fingers tipped with talon like nails. Her lips formed into a smile as she came close enough to touch her, malena screamed as sharp teeth grew from her mouth her face morfting into... malena yelped as she was suddenly pulled back the same time the creature pounched.

Salam wraped a arm around malena the same time the thing pounched unsheating his sword he stabed it in the shoulder it screamed before backing away hiss and staring at a trembling malena who held onto him for dear life. The creature hissed circling before pluging under the water her black scaley fish tail flashing up the water in it path
Salam shighed "welcome to the forsaken lands".