02: Bloody Encounter

Start from the beginning

It was quiet inside the car for nearly half an hour. Jacob was focused on driving and stopping himself from speeding because his sister was sitting beside him on the passenger seat. He doesn't want to scare her more. He regretted saying those words earlier but he can't help it, just the mere sight of that fucker pisses the hell off of him.

And he saw Lian. Shit. He should have been more careful. Two years of hiding her from them have now gone to waste.

Liandra stopped fiddling with her fingers and decided to look up, "Jake? Where are we going?" This wasn't the way towards Seoul, though they're still in Byeoljari. "I thought you've already talked with Dad and you came to fetch me so we could go home together," she said, furrowing her eyebrows.

Jacob sighed, "after what happened, we both know we won't be able to just forgive each other in an instant Lian." He reached out for his sister's hand and squeezed it. "Don't worry, big brother just missed you. Let's have dinner okay? Just the two of us this time." He grinned, the familiar one she's used to.

"But Dad and Mom..."

"They've seen you last month, I haven't seen you for two months. Please Wangbi?," he pouted, effectively making her laugh.

"Fine. I missed you Jake, you never told me where you were or what's constantly making you so busy you forget about your sister. I was worried," she whispered.

The car came to a halt and before Lian could take a peek outside, he felt her brother kiss the top of her head. "I know. Big bro is sorry, okay? I'm sorry Wangbi... for making you worry and not contacting you. Just remember that the thing that matters the most for me is your safety and I'll do anything to protect you."

The night was full of laughter and amusing stories courtesy of her brother's exciting life. He talked about everything she missed for the last two months and Lian continued to attentively listen. It's not like she had stories like his. Again, her life is boring.

They were currently inside a quaint Italian restaurant, and not-so far from them was the sea. The view from the place was really beautiful. Now she knew why her brother chose to drive half an hour just for them to dine here instead of the ones in the County Proper, which is relatively near her school. It was worth it.

After almost two hours, they decided to leave. Jacob excused himself to pay the bill and at the same moment, she felt her phone vibrate inside her pocket. A message notification from Euri greeted her.

From: Eureka

Heard about what happened. Are you okay princess? Your brother took you to Seoul right?

She bit her lower lip and glanced at her brother. He had no idea she still has contact with his ex-girlfriend. She and Euri had been really close even up until this moment.

Though a year had already passed after the breakup, she still doesn't know the reason why the two broke up, yet it's evident they still love each other. She just doesn't get it. But who is she to talk? She never had a boyfriend, she never even tried dating.

To: Eureka

We're still in Byeoljari. We had dinner, seems like him and dad are still not in good terms.

From: Eureka

So you're gonna stay in town for the weekend?

To: Eureka

Think so. Why? Do you need my help with anything?

Another reason they stayed connected was because they work in the same building-Lian in the publication house and Euri in the ballet studio beside it. Obviously, the girl also lives in Cardinal County but she's studying at the Academy. Sometimes, it makes her think that that could possibly the reason his brother broke up with her.