(3) It's about time...

Start from the beginning

Chim didn't move an inch nor react, only staring back with a blank look.

He had learned the hard way that defending himself only made things worse.

As always, people assumed that because he was already good, he didn't have to do anything to get to that level.

In reality he had to work twice as hard to make his dreams come true because unlike many others, he wasn't born into royalty and didn't have the luxury to waste time in 'useless' skills.

People like the men who had cornered him were always too prideful about their own skills, jealous that they weren't the ones on top that they had to take their anger and frustration off on him.

The man sneered once again and punched Chim on the cheek, making his head whip to the side.

He tasted the metallic tang of the blood that came from the cut inside of his mouth but still he didn't waver, his eyes flashing with defiance.

That seemed to have angered them. "You have no right to give me that look. You pathetic lowlife!" The man spat out and the two proceeded to give Chim the beat down of his life.

Not once did Jimin make a sound, he wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

It worked because the men grew even more frustrated at the lack of reaction.

Eventually they had enough and stood to leave, smirking at the man laying brokenly on the ground, beaten bloody and blue.

At one point the gag had fallen off but at that point he had already been in so much agony that he couldn't speak.

They brushed their hands off coldly. "You better take this as a warning and quit while you can. If we see you again you'll regret it" One of them warned.

Chim grimaced at his aching body but still brought out a shaky smirk.

"F-fuck you" he spat obstinately and he preened at the angered reaction he got.

The man stepped forward and kicked Chim right in the ribs and a loud crack echoed the forest.

Chim gasped at the flash of pain and realized that he couldn't breathe; his chest heaved uselessly as he forced himself to take in air but failing miserably.

His accomplice's eyes widened as he hissed. "You idiot!! What have you done!!! You might have killed him!" He screamed nervously and the other man watched in horror. "S-shit! Let's go!" He stuttered and like the cowards they were, the two ran off.

Chim lied there futilely trying to reach out for something; his nails dug into the ground, in search for something that could help him.

But he was alone.

Broken.

Bruised.

And dying.

He stopped moving as his arms fell limp and he faced the sky, gritting his teeth bitterly.

"W-what have I done that I deserve to die alone..." he coughed, choking on his blood.

"Having a passion?...working hard?...what...a...joke..." he thought resentfully as his heart slowed down.

He took one shaky breath. "T-the life of one man...is the price for a-another...man's...pride..." he wheezed out ironically in his last breath and his eyes fluttered shut.

He stopped breathing.

————————————————