Kidnapped by a Psychopath- Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

I wobbled slightly as I made my way towards the exit of the club. The bouncers stared at me coldly as I walked out, their eyes holding annoyance and disgust at my messy appearance.

I plopped down on the curb under a streetlight and checked how long until the Uber got here. The app read six minutes away. I had some cash in my clutch, enough to get me back to my apartment.

A few minutes passed and I checked the app, reading it was now three minutes away. I sighed as a cool breeze blew through my now-frizzy hair and sent goosebumps across my neck. I could hear the music radiating from the club against the quiet and lonesome streets.

No cars drove the road this late and no one was out taking at a jog at this hour. I really just wanted to go vomit up the toxins in  my body and pass out to an episode of 'Friends' as soon as I could.

"Your Uber is not coming." A voice hissed out from behind me.

I froze. Every part of my body went numb. I dropped my phone in my lap and stood up quickly to face the owner of that chilling voice. A man stood behind me, his hands buried in his pockets while he leaned against the side of the club. His top row of teeth biting lightly on snake bite piercings in his plump bottom lip.

His dark hair flowed heavenly above his shaved sides. His eyes dark and staring at me with furrowed eyebrows. He had black earrings in and supported a black trench coat over black slacks and dress shoes. I could see the numerous amount of tattoos he had peeking out under his coat and on his neck. He stood above me by at least six inches. I backed into the street slowly.

"Stay away from me." I demanded quietly, seeming to sober up. I turned and looked for the Uber, silently pleading for any car to pull up.

He smiled grimly as he pushed off the wall and took a few steps closer, stepping into the cruddy street along with me. His boots creating a sickening crunch as he stepped on dried leaves.

"Quit looking around. I told you no Uber will be coming." He mocked as my eyes widened, his head cocking to one side.

I placed my hands in front of me and backed up further away. "You don't know that. I j-just called one. It'll be here any minute." I spoke quietly while trying to subtly dial the numbers '911' into the keypad on the emergency call screen.

"No it won't because I," he looked down at my hands. "Just hacked your phone." He chuckled. I looked down at my hands as well and saw it had a long, bright glitch running across the screen. A glitch that resulted in my phone to power down; leaving me helpless.

I dropped it with shaking hands. "How did. . .why. . .who are you?" I breathed out while my brain churned in an effort to process this.

"Three very excellent questions." He deadpanned. "Don't worry about who I am. Worry about who you are," He flashed me his bright teeth. "Because that should scare you even more."

I raised my eyebrows and my mouth opened slightly. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Just get away from me and we won't have a problem." I reasoned because my back hit a metal fence, preventing me from getting away from the man in front of me.

He chuckled. "No can do, Miss Rain." I felt my heart sink into my chest. He knows who I am? How? He leaned in closer to me. I stood still. "The boss wants to see you."

That was it. I knew it was the cliché part of a horror movie where I ran down along a  dark path, not knowing where I was going. I attempted it anyway.

Before he could reach me I sprinted off to the left and down the dark street. My head was spinning due to the alcohol but I tried to move fast. Blurred lines were zig-zagging across my vision but I quickly blinked them away.