Chapter 1

POV: Lucy

   It was just a normal day like no other in Fiory! The birds chirped above my head as my heels clapped along the wall next to the canal. My hands to my side as I kept my balance and walked away from my apartment building, towards my guild Fairy Tail.

"Hey Lucy! Make sure you don't fall in!" Two guys laughed from their boat in the canal.

    'Ugh..those two jokesters...' I rolled my eyes

"I won't guys!" I waved

"That's a relief! Have a great day!" They waved back.

    I smiled pleasingly to myself and kept walking along. Once I got a certain distance away from my apartment, I was standing in front on my destructive guild hall. I opened the big wooden gates out in front and went inside.

    Like usual, the place reeked of alcohol. Cana was sitting at a table with Macao and her father, of course they were having another stupid drinking contest. Mira was behind the bar tending to some others.

       Yesterday Mira told me that Gray and Juvia were out on a job, Erza was on a solo request, Wendy and Carla went to go on a job with Romeo, and a lot more were on other jobs.

    Not many people were in the guild today, which meant at least some peace and quiet. Natsu and Happy weren't here yet, so I have at least some silence for a few moments. I walked over to the bar and sat down in my usual stool.

"What can I get for you Lucy?" Mira Jane asked in her sweet tone.

"Hey Mira. I'm all set for now. How are you today?" I asked

   She picked up a clean cup and started to dry it with a towel.

"I'm great! Almost everybody is either out on a job, or enjoying the beautiful day today!" She finished cleaning the glass and set it on the shelf, folding her arms and resting herself over the counter in front  of me. "How about you Lucy? I see your Prince Charming isn't here yet?" She gave a devious expression.

"What do you mean, 'prince charming'?" I asked. 'Who could she be referring to?'

"Why, Natsu of course! It's quite obvious that you two have feelings for each other!" She gave a now innocent looking smile and picked up another glass, cleaning it off and placing the glass on a shelf. My cheeks started to turn red at the thought that Mira just said.

"W-what?! No! We are just friends!" I crossed my arms like a four year old who was upset. " why would you think that we like each other?" I asked

    She gave a light chuckle and opened the bars door, walking out and sitting down next to me.

"Well, for one he's always saving you from danger." She puts her finger in front of me as if trying to make a statement.

"He saves everybody! Especially his kin!" I told her.

"Yeah, but he's saved you a lot more than other people"

     My expression went blank. "Oh...well thanks for that.." I said in an annoyed tone. She giggled and preceded to speak.

"Okay, well then the way you two argue! It like your a cute married couple!" She intertwined her fingers and put her hands under her chin.

"Is that really a good thing?" I asked

   She rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying that I know he cares deeply about you than most others.. He really connects and clings to you." She put her hand on my shoulder.