I chuckled. "Yeah, of course," I said, not telling him that it didn't have to be like that. "Why?"

It was dead silent on the line for another few moments and then hastily he said, "Can I come over now?"

My smile grew just a little bit wider. "Yeah, you can come over if you'd like."

I swore I heard his breath hitch at that. Then he said, "I'll be there in twenty."

The line cut off before I could say anything more. I just sat there laughing for a moment because of his reactions. I scarfed down the rest of my cereal and cleaned up my mess before making my way back to my room.

I checked my hair in the mirror on my wall, but eventually gave up on it when I realized that the severe state of bed head it was in was not going to go anywhere fast.

I had just tossed my camping stuff in my closet so that my mom didn't rip my head off later when I heard the doorbell go off. Smiling to myself, but also feeling a little jittery on the inside, I went to answer the door.

As I swung it open, the first thing I noticed was the smile Dakota was trying and failing to hide. I questioned him with my eyes for a moment, but then I realized that he was staring at my naked chest. For some reason, I blushed. My mind had completely blanked on the fact that I'd never even put a shirt on; I had been too focused on speed cleaning my room.

I watched as Dakota's jaw slackened just the slightest bit and as I raked my eyes over his face, I caught sight of his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed.

Trying to shake off the feelings that sight stirred inside me, I gestured inside the house and asked, "You coming in?"

As if he was in a bit of a trance, with his eyes glued to my broad chest, he slowly crossed over the threshold. Rolling my eyes, I reached out and took hold of his arm, the muscles firm and the skin warm beneath my hand. I pulled him the rest of the way into the house and shut the door behind him.

If I had to blame the reason for why I pulled Dakota closer to me so that we stood chest to chest on something, I would say it was all his fault. I was only human, and when someone as god forsakenly gorgeous as Dakota was, just stood in front of you with nothing but want and lust in their eyes...I really didn't think I could be held totally responsible for what would potentially follow.

I watched Dakota's lips part with a small gasp and I felt my heart begin racing. Before I had the chance to do anything, Dakota brought his hand up to the side of my neck and crushed his lips down onto mine, kissing me so surprisingly roughly and thoroughly that by the time I pulled back I was panting for air.

Somehow through the endorphins rushing through me, I managed to furrow my brows. I frowned at him a little when what the harsh taste on his tongue was finally clicked inside my head. Staring straight into his seafoam eyes I said, "Have you been drinking? You taste like beer..."

Dakota's heavy breath fanned across my face as he minutely shook his head. "Not really. I had one bottle with my dad and uncles. No biggie."

My forehead creased further at that. "It's only seven o'clock."

The dark-haired boy shrugged and threw me a wide grin. I had no intentions of buying it, despite the fact that he was giving it to me for free. When he noticed I was still frowning, he twirled a curl of mine around his finger and said, "Eh, it's okay, they're like that. 'The more you drink, the more of a man you are,' or something like that. It's just this dumb joke they have."

My body stiffened against his after hearing that. I definitely did not like the sound of it, but Dakota intercepted my thoughts by grabbing the back of my neck and pulling me back in for another kiss. And I couldn't even help it, within seconds, I had nearly completely forgotten what we had even been talking about. Dakota seemed to have some sort of special fog that he could throw over my brain that rendered it useless.