waiting to exhale || three

Start from the beginning

"Have a wonderful life," I looked down at his calloused fingers before shaking them.

We both needed to turn over a new leaf once for all.

He nodded his head at my words. "I wish the same for you."

Being the gentlemen he used to be at the beginning of our marriage, he held the door for me to exit.

Pulling the strap of my purse to my shoulder, I held my hand to my mouth, still feeling the aftermath of what just happened.

Remembering the days when Keith and I didn't fight, I stifled my cries as I walked to a bar down the street of the courthouse.

I needed a drink after this.

-----

Bringing the glass half filled with a brown liquid to my lips, I took a taste of it before downing it all down in one gulp.

After all I have gained today, I still felt worthless.

Slouching into my seat as the alcohol warmed my stomach, I ordered another one when it didn't disappear the hurt in my heart.

After three months without him,  I still had feelings for that jerk face,  and I didn't know how to let go of him yet. 

"Why is a beautiful young lady sitting here all by herself?" I heard a voice say as he took a seat beside me.

Looking at him with defeated eyes, I shrugged my shoulder as he ordered a drink for himself.

"A divorce hearing," I said after awhile of us sitting here by ourselves in silence. "You?"

"A case I'm working on for a murder victim."

Giving him a sad smile, we were both here for sad reasons.

"What's your name?" He asked after receiving his drink. "If you don't mind me asking?"

"Y/n. Y/n y/l/n."

"'Y/n," he said mostly to himself as he let it roll off of his tongue.

As he threw back his drink, I took this time to take in his appearance.

From his brown eyes to the scruff on his face, he was a very handsome man

I straighten my position in the chair as it was my turn to talk. "Since I answered your question, what is your name?"

"It's Algee."He gave me a smile, showing his white teeth. "Algee Smith."

"Nice name," I told him.

It was something different and a breath of fresh air.

He laughed. "My wife said the same thing when we first met."

Finding out that he had someone to call him already, I slouched back into my seat, pulling a cigarette from my purse.

It was too good to be true.

"What is she like?" I asked while playing with the cancer stick in my hand. I wasn't going to smoke until I left the building.

He frowned as he thought of her. "She's the sweetest person in the world. She would see if you were alright before she would even ask herself that."

"What's wrong with that?" I noticed the change of his facial expression. "She sounds amazing."

He gave me a sad smile. "She wants a divorce too." 

"I'm sorry to hear that," I sincerely apologized before paying for my drinks. "No one should go through a stupid divorce at all."

Remembering that I had a hair appointment in the next hour or so, I got up from my seat, ready to leave and not keep my hairdresser waiting.

I was planning on getting something different and was completetly scared to death.

Turning around to give him a goodbye, the words got stuck in the back of my throat as he stood up and took my hands into his.

Algee looked me in the eyes as I looked down at his lips. "I want to know more about you Ms. y/ln/n. Both spiritually and physically."

------
What do you all think is going to happen in the next chapter because I see them making a baby.

-----

Thank you for reading... you all just don't know how that makes me feel when y'all vote and comment on this book.

@Icicleberrybush17 thanks for giving me an idea on this series 😊.

What else did I want to say...oh...for the next series I wanted it to be based on For Colored Girls by Tyler Perry.

Do that sound like a good idea?

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.