Conclusion, this man is a friend of Jason’s, and as Jason is clearly a businessman he was probably as well. He accidentally murdered Jason in a presumably high rage. The guilt came crashing down the next day but instead of handing himself in he decided to cover his tracks, getting rid of the body and becoming his friend only to commit suicide to make it seem like Jason had done it and the only mysterious disappearance would be his own which clearly didn’t matter to him so he probably didn’t have many loved ones, being a drug addict and all. He poisoned himself as you can still see the pills in his pocket and that should be enough to go on for now.” Sherlock concluded his deduction with an excited smile.

DI Lestrade stared at the boy and smiled. He turned to his son who looked up innocently but gave Sherlock a thumbs up when his father turned back.

“Sherlock. That was fantastic and slightly creepy.” Sherlock’s smile dropped slightly as he tried to figure whether that was a compliment but Lestrade continued, “Mainly brilliant though. Do you seriously enjoy this kind of thing?”

Sherlock nodded frantically. “I love it! I like to make files on cases with information on the internet and try to solve them but this is my first real crime scene.”

Lestrade smiled. “You are very welcome. I hope to see more of you if I come back to town.”

Sherlock beamed as the detective inspector walked back to his son. Sherlock watched as Greg went through the entire emotional spectrum in an attempt to get away from his father, to no avail.

Molly and John were walking down the street. John was pleased. Everything had gone to plan and the evening had been great. They turned the corner and John saw a familiar shock of black hair standing with the policemen at the crime scene.

“Oh dear. Crime scene. Wouldn’t want to get involved.” John tried his best to steer Molly away from where Sherlock was standing.

“Yeah you’re right- wait. Is that Sherlock?” Molly let go of John’s hand and walked over to the other boy. John mentally slapped himself. He thrust his hands deep into his pockets and followed Molly.

Sherlock looked up in surprise as he saw Molly approaching him.

“Molly? How are you? I thought you were on a date with John?”

“I was- am.” Sherlock looked past her to see John walking over.

“John.” Sherlock greeted his friend who just glared at him.

Sherlock looked back at Molly. Clammy hands, twirling hair, giggling, fast chattering, pupils dilated.

At first Sherlock had overlooked the signs. He had assumed it was because she was with John. Apparently not.

Sherlock looked at John and back to Molly who was talking very fast about something. Sherlock lost her conversation ages ago.

“Erm- Molly?” Sherlock started cautiously.

“Yes Sherlock?”

“This is a crime scene and I’m kinda working so maybe you and John should head back.”

John looked at Sherlock. He clearly wasn’t working as he saw Greg trying to get away from his dad.

John realised what Sherlock was trying to do and stepped in.

“Molly we don’t want to bother the police. Let’s not get in trouble.” John laughed nervously as he turned Molly away from his best friend.

“Ok. Bye Sherlock! See you soon.” Molly waved over her shoulder. Once the pair were far enough from the crime scene John stopped.

“I forgot, I have to give something to Sherlock. Stay here Mol.”

John ran back over to Sherlock.

Sherlock started, “John, I’m no Love expert but-“

John cut him off. “And I’m not a bloody detective but we both know what’s going on here.”

Sherlock nodded in agreement.

“I’m not going to steal your girlfriend John.” Sherlock tried to read what John was feeling but at that point he didn’t even think John knew what John was feeling.

“Just to be clear I am pissed off that you’ve ruined my relationship but thanks for that last move.”

Sherlock said nothing. Hearing John was pissed off at him was like having a brick thrown at his face. He nodded and John left.

Greg walked over to join Sherlock. “Thanks for that mate and I’m sorry for the hold up. Is that John?”

"Yup.” Sherlock popped the ‘p’ as he watched his best friend disappear around the corner.
Greg shrugged and the pair walked back to the school. Sherlock was dreading the confrontation with John when he got back.