11 • A Frozen Sun & A Broken Moon

Okay so i wasn't supposed to update today but y'all got me to #645 which is TYE's first ranking ever and this is pretty darn amazing, okay? Because to get ranked under Teen Fiction is no joke!! So thank you, or like Asa would like to say— gracias ;)

» нow yoυ love yoυrѕelғ ιѕ нow yoυ тeacн oтнerѕ тo love yoυ «

— can't remember where i found this

°°°

Chapter Eleven

Asa emerged out of the school's pool, his palms pressed flat against the floor of the swimming complex to haul himself up.

He loved it here; the building was cut off from the main school building, housing the huge indoor pool of Reichenbach High, and that meant a lot of privacy from the other students.

The water dripped down from his body, his swimming trunk clinging to him like a second layer of skin, as he grabbed a towel off a seat in the bleachers nearby.

Someone whistled from behind him.

“Sure you don't want to just walk out of here like that?” Isla's familiar voice said. “I'm pretty sure a lot of students would appreciate the sight.”

“Don't you have anywhere better to be, Isla?” Asa asked, drying his face and hair with the towel to hide his smile.

“A million places, actually,” she countered, “but you know how it is. When you're the queen, you've got to spare some of your precious time for the peasants too.”

“Ha, ha, ha,” Asa dragged out dryly, opening his drawstring sports bag to get his set of dry clothes to take with him inside the locker room. “Seriously though,” he met her eyes, “everything okay?”

She smiled, soft and warm, a truly rare sight. “I'm fine, relax. Just wanted to borrow your history book. Lord knows I don't pay the slightest attention in that class.”

Asa chuckled, then nodded towards his backpack sitting next to his sports one. “You'll find it in there. It's the blue notebook.”

Isla zipped open his bag, her hands slipping inside as she searched book after book.