Chapter 34 ~ Epilogue

Breath in, breath out.

A deep breath in.

A slow exhale out.

Then I moved.

Lu Min stood in front of me and he yelped in alarm as I ran at him. Lu Min has grown into an intelligent young man. He is an amazing Fire Bender, and is currently working in Republic City. We never made it known that he was the son of Lu Ten, Iroh was concerned he would be a target since Lu Min had a legitimate claim to the throne. 

Zuko said he could have it if he wanted.

When Lu Min was old enough, we explained to him what happened and who he really was. At first, Lu Min was really weirded out since Zuko is his cousin and my husband, but immediately said he didn't want a claim to the throne. 

Zuko and I got married a few years after the end of the war. It wasn't without a lot of bumps on the road. With the Harmony Restoration movement, things were tense between us. I wanted to do what Aang wanted to do, but I also wanted to help Zuko, so I just didn't pick sides and just tried to keep things calm. 

That nearly ended us. 

Shortly after that, we found out that Lady Ursa was most likely still alive. That was a difficult time for everyone. Especially, since we brought Azula with to see her. After Zuko's legitimacy questioned and then proven, and Azula going crazy, Zuko found out he had a half sibling and a step-father. I was just happy to know that Ursa was still alive. 

Three years later, Zuko and I were married. At first, the Fire Sages were hesitant since I wasn't completely from the Fire Nation, they wanted to make sure that all offspring had the ability to firebend. However, after very publicly showing them I could bend lightning, they backed off. Zuko and I have been very happy ever since. 

A year later we had our first child, Izumi. She is a wonderful girl; kind, caring, thoughtful, brave, and absolutely ruthless when it comes to politics and law. She is going to be the Fire Lord one day, and I know she will be amazing at it. She is a brilliant fire bender, and can also bend lighting. We named her after the Oasis in the Water tribe, since it was from that spring of water that I was able to save Zuko's life. 

Less than a year after we had Izumi, we had Makoto. She is a bright child and a waterbender like myself. Makota is everything her names suggests, she is very sincere. I don't think that girl has a mean bone in her body. She and Izumi get along very well, and the only thing they were ever very competitive over was how well they could help me when I was pregnant with my third child years later. 

It was almost seven years after we had Makoto that I was pregnant with my third child, who currently sits nestled in Zuko's arms as I spar with my little brother. When Hana came into our lives, she gave us quite a scare. She was premature by three months, and I didn't think she would make it. After losing two children one before we had Izumi, and another in-between Hana and Makoto, I was terrified I would lose her. 

Hana was born blind, which is why we named Toph her godmother. But Hana was a blessing, I don't know if she is a bender or not, but she is a joy. Her sisters adore her, and her father is so happy to have her. She is a surprisingly graceful little girl, whose smile lights up the whole room. 

Years have gone by, and Katara and Aang have three children: Kya, Bumi, and Tenzin. Kya is a waterbender and Tenzin is an airbender. Bumi is a nonbender, but he is a such a sweet child so in tune with nature and other people. Sokka has no children, and Toph has two: Lin and Suyin. Both children I am sure will be powerful benders like their mother. 

"Why can't you not make me look like a loser in front of Yuna?" Lu Min complained making me smirk.

"It's a big sister's job," I said simply as I knocked him over. Lu Min is engaged to a young girl named Yuna. Her father was an earthbender and her mother was a firebender. She's a sweet young girl who doesn't bend, and she makes some amazing food. 

Iroh laughed from behind me as I quickly finished the match with Lu Min and winked at Yuna as she went to tend to Lu Min's 'injuries'. "I think my grandson is very good at playing the wounded soldier," Iroh laughed as he walked up.

"Hello, Uncle," Zuko said as he hugged Iroh.

"Just look at you," Iroh said smiling. "All of you, and this little one!" Iroh said as he tickeled Hana's stomach making her giggle. 

"Uncle Iroh!" Makoto said happily as she ran out. Izumi behind her as they ran into Iroh's arms. 

"Did you bring the others?" Izumi asked curiously.

"What do you think?" Iroh asked as the rest of the old team walked in.

The children immediately ran out to greet each other as hugs and pleasantries were exchanged. "You two still look so cute!" Katara gushed as I held Hana now. 

"Yep, cute," Toph said teasingly as she poked at Zuko's cheek.

"Stop that!" Zuko said trying to bat her hand away as he blushed.

"Aw! Look he still blushes," Sokka said.

"It's so easy," I commented to Aang.

"Oh, really?" Zuko asked.

"Sounds like a challenge, Zuko," Aang said as he grabbed Katara's hand.

"I think so too," Zuko said as he swooped in and kissed me squarely on the lips. I melted into the kiss like I always do. He has had this affect on me since the day he first kissed me by the turtle-duck pond, and then I realized we had an audience because the kids all screamed. 

"Zuko!" I scolded as I blushed scarlet.  

"I love you, Emi," Zuko said as he kissed me again, quickly this time and this kissed Hana on the cheeks as she complained I was getting the attention.

I smiled as I rolled my eyes, Hana was giggling and the entire team was beaming at us. "I love you too, Zuzu," I told Zuko as I kissed him making everybody cheer. 

~H~

Finis.