Chapter 31 ~ Reunion

I woke up in a white tent, something felt off. I wasn't guarded, but this could easily be a trap. I threw off the blanket over me and ran out of the tent. I saw soldiers around me, so I did the normal thing a waterbender would. 

I lashed out. 

"Well, you're still not a morning person," a voice said from behind me.

"Uncle?" I asked in surprise as I ran into Pakku's arms. "What are you doing here? What am I doing here? What's going on?"

Uncle was about to explain when a body latched onto my legs, "Emi!" Lu Min said as he buried his face in my skirt. 

"What is he doing in a war camp?" I asked concerned as I picked my little brother up.

"I had to protect my grandson," a voice said from behind me.

"Iroh?" I questioned.

"Hello, Emiko it's good to see you," Iroh said smiling.

"I am so confused," I muttered.

"We have a lot to talk about," Iroh said as he gestured for me to follow him. "Come, I just made some tea."

"Grandfather's tea is the only good stuff I've had," Lu Min said as he wiggled out of my arms and grabbed onto Iroh's hand. 

"It's so nice that someone finally appreciates my talents in my family," Iroh laughed as he led me inside the tent. 

~H~

"Emiko, look what I can do!" Lu Min told me as he stood in front of a fire and then took the flame and began to firebend. "Grandfather taught me, he said I could only do it with experienced benders around to make sure I didn't hurt myself though."

"When did you start firebending?" I asked curiously as Lu Min put the fire back.

"It started a few week after we left the North Pole," Uncle explained sitting next to me.

"How was the North Pole?" I asked as Lu Min began to show me more things.

"Very good, I asked Kanna to marry me," Uncle said casually. 

"I have an aunt?" I asked excitedly. 

"Yes," Uncle said simply. 

"That means that Katara and I are now family, and Sokka too, but this wonderful," I said smiling.

"I thought you might be happy," Uncle said smirking. "I need to go on patrol, I'll be back in a few hours."

"I'll be here, then I leave in the morning," I said simply.

"We could use your help here," Uncle said simply.

I smiled at him, "my friends need my help. And you all kidnapped me before I could really do that."

Uncle rolled his eyes, "we apologized for that."

I winked, "I am so holding that over you."

I continued to watch Lu Min practice firebending, and for the first time, I was happy that he was a firebender. I was always so afraid that him being a firebender would be bad for him, but it helped him bond with his grandfather. "Lu Min, why don't you show your sister what you've been drawing?"

Lu Min's eyes lit up as he dragged me inside the main tent and pulled out his paints supplies, "Grandfather showed me a picture of Father and Mother, so I painted all of us together. It's not exactly the same as the pictures, but it's like a family portrait. They're together now, see?"

I nodded smiling, "they would be so proud of you."

Lu Min yawned, "I think it's time for bed." Iroh said laughing as he led us out of the tent and to the one they had set up next to it for me. "I'll see you off tomorrow, my nephew is very lucky to have you by his side."