Chapter 19 ~ Thank you, The Universe

I heard a commotion from outside my room and ran up to the deck, "Aang, you're awake."

"Are you sure? I feel like I'm dreaming," Aang said.

"You're not dreaming. You're finally awake," I said from behind him.

"Aang, good to see you back with the living, buddy," Sokka said.

"Sokka?" Aang asked confused.

"Uh-Oh, somebody catches him.He's gonna..." Toph said as Aang passed out. I quickly caught him as Katara ran to my side. 

"Well," I said, "at least he didn't bring the whole ship down before we saw him."

~ H ~

"After what happened in Ba Sing Se, we had to get you to safety.We flew back to chameleon bay, where we found my father and the other water tribe men.The earth king decided he wanted to travel the world in disguise, so he set off alone," Sokka said.

"Well, not completely alone," I added. 

"Soon, the bay was overrun with fire nation ships.Rather than fight them all, we captured a single ship and made it our disguise. Since then, we've been traveling west. We crossed through the serpent's pass a few days ago. We've seen a few fire nation ships, but none have bothered us," Sokka said.

"So, what now?" Aang asked.

"We've been working on a modified version of the invasion plan," Hakoda said.

"It's Sokka's invasion plan," Katara bit back at her father.

"Yes, Sokka's plan."

"We won't be able to mount a massive invasion without the earth king's armies," Aang said.

"But the solar eclipse will still leave the fire nation vulnerable," I said.

"So we're planning a smaller invasion.Just a ragtag team of our friends and alls from around the earth kingdom. We already ran into Pipsqueak and the Duke," Sokka said.

"Good to see you again, Aang." 

"And the best part is, the eclipse isn't even our biggest advantage. We have a secret. You," Sokka said.

"Me?"

"Yep, the whole world thinks you're dead. Isn't that great?"

"The world thinks I'm dead? How is that good news? That's terrible," Aang said alarmed.

"No, it's great!"

"It means the fire nation won't be hunting us anymore," I said gently.

"And even better, they won't be expecting you on the day of black sun," Sokka said.

"No, no, no, no, no. You have no idea. This is so messed up," Aang said. 

I jumped as we heard a foghorn blaring, "I'll handle this. The avatar is back," Aang said but groaned in pain. 

"Aang, wait. Remember, they don't know we're not fire nation," Katara said.

"Everyone, just stay calm. Bato and I will take care of this," Hakoda said. 

"I hate not being able to do anything," Aang said.

"Hopefully, you won't need to," I said as we went back. A few minutes later they began to attack. I ran out and blasted them with water separating the two ships and adding an extra wave to separate us. I continued to power a wave to get us away, but a fireball came hurtling at us. I couldn't keep the wave going and block the fireball. I shouted in anger as I blew it apart with lighting. 

"Emiko!" Katara shouted, "give us some cover." I nodded as I created a giant fog and pushed the boats apart again. 

"How we doing?" Katara asked.

"Things couldn't get much worse," Sokka said and then the serpent from the pass appeared. "The universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?"

"You make it too easy," Toph said.

I lifted up my arms to fight the beast, but it attacked the other ship, "thank you, the universe."

~ H ~

"Hey, Aang. We're going into town to find some dinner," Katara said as we went into his room.

"Well, I am pretty hungry. Maybe dinner's a good idea," Aang said.

I gave him a black bandanna, "here, tie this around your head. It'll cover your arrow."

"I'm not going out if I can't wear my arrow proudly."

"Aang, come on. Be practical," Sokka said. 

"You guys go ahead without us. We'll catch up with you," Katara said. We didn't say anything after we left, but when we came back Katara said Aang was gone. She went to go speak with her father as I went to my room and grabbed my things. I quickly helped Sokka pack Appa and we were gone again. We flew towards Roku's island, which was the closest thing to us. 

"You're ok," Katara said as she hugged Aang.

"I have so much to do," Aang said.

"I know, but you'll have our help," I said smiling.

"You didn't think you could get out of training just by coming to the fire nation, did you?" Toph asked smiling.

"What about the invasion?" Aang asked confused.

"We'll join up with my dad and the invasion force on the day of the eclipse," Sokka said.

"Hey, what's? Oh, it's your glider," Toph said as Aang held it up.

"That's ok. If someone saw it, it would give away my identity. It's better for now that no one knows I'm alive," Aang said as he stuck it in the ground and we watched it burn. 

"It's time for us to navigate the firenation now," I said.

~ H ~