Kira sighed, "No offense, Mr. Oliver, but your jokes are horrible!"

"Excuse you, Kira! Dad's jokes aren't that bad," Tanner defended.

Dad smiled proudly at his son, "Thank you, son-"

"They're terrible!" Tanner laughed and we all joined in.

"Ben!" Mom called from the kitchen. Her voice sounded sweet, but we could all tell it was forced.

"I took the trash out, fed the dog..." Dad's voice slowly faded as he disappeared into the kitchen, trying to figure out what he was in trouble for.

Lindsay turned to me, frowning, "Do you have a costume yet?"

I sighed, remembering I had to go out and get the rest, "Kira, Indie, let's go."

-*-

I woke up feeling my exhaust from yesterday. After I got the rest of my costume, I helped Mom finish dinner. Then I finished homework I had and finally went to sleep. I rolled out of bed after five minutes of staring at my ceiling and contemplating my existence. By the time I was dressed, I knew I was going to be late today.

I felt refreshed. My cycle had ended for the month and I realized Micah wasn't worth the tears. I was even back to dressing like a human. I was wearing a black crop top, high-waisted blue jeans with a black and red flannel around my waist. My hair was half up in a ponytail and half down. I made sure to put water on it so it'd be curly. I winged my eyeliner and applied a light layer of lip gloss.

I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and slipped into my black Converse. I rushed to school, promising Mufasa I'd take him for a walk before the party. I hadn't been giving him much attention lately and I was starting to feel guilty about it. I spent the entire day of school thinking about the party. I was excited. Once the final bell rang, I quickly rushed to my locker. I tossed my books in and hurried to find my best friends.

Before I could reach them, Taylor got in my way. I rolled my eyes at her outfit. She was in a short black skirt- if you could even call it that- and a black skin-tight shirt. Cat ears sat on her head, right in front of her blonde bun. Of course, she was dressed as the stereotypical girl on Halloween. Her two "minions" stood behind her, dressed as other animals. I wondered how they made it through the entire day without getting a detention slip.

"A little birdy told me you're having a party tonight," She smirked.

"How ironic," I scoffed. "I bet you ate that poor bird once it told you that you weren't invited."

Her smirk disappeared, "Who said I wanted to go in the first place?! Like I'd be caught dead at some lame party no one's gonna show up to!"

Just then, Kellie, a friend of mine, walked by, "My friends and I will see you tonight!"

I smiled back at her before turning back to Taylor, "You were saying?"

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

I continued on my way to my friends. We went straight to my house since they left their costumes at my house. We all got dressed quickly since we also had to set up the food. Kira was wearing a 1920's flapper costume. It was black and she paired it with black and white heels. Her headpiece was black with a black feather. Her hair was curled and resting on her shoulders. She wrapped her white boa around her neck. She had on a bold red lipstick and put on glittery black eyeliner. She would be wearing stockings but she tore them yesterday.

Indie was dressed as Luigi. She had on a blue overall dress with a green shirt under. She wore green heels and the signature green hat with the small white "L" on the front. Her hair was in pigtails under the hat. She added little white gloves to her hands. She only had a bit of eyeliner on with lip gloss and blush.