four » campout

Riley Smalls:

Riley Smalls:

Scotty had been accepted into the group of friends, some of the guys liked me more than others. I didn't know if I wanted to try to get back on the field or not.

Once I heard yelling I focused back onto the sandlot. To my surprise, Scotty was attempting to climb a wall while the guys were running towards him.

I quickly got up and sprinted out. It must've been important.

"Smalls! Come back!"

Scotty wasn't very phased, and continued to insure that he could go get the ball.

"Smalls! Get down!"

Benny pulled Scotty off of the wall quickly, "Smalls, you can't go back there." He huffed out.

"Yeah, yeah. Truly, are you trying to get yourself killed?" Yeah-Yeah asked.

"What's the big deal? What's on the other side of the fence?" I asked confused.

"Then how are we supposed to get it?" Scotty questioned.

"We don't." Timmy deadpans.

"We don't." Tommy repeats.

"It's history."

"Its history. Kiss it-"

"Kiss it goodbye. Shut up Tommy."

"It's gone man, gone."

"Game's over, we'll just get another ball tomorrow. We'll never see it again." Benny sighs.

"Well why can't he just hop the fence?" I ask.

The team all turned to look at me, putting me on the spot.

"The beast." 8 of the members said in unison.

"What is that?" Scotty questioned.

Benny walked up to Scotty, "Smalls, go up to that fence real slow."

Scotty attempted to talk, but Benny cut him off.

"No, just peak through that hole. Just go." Benny ordered softly.

The whole team pushed him to peak, shushing him once as he got closer. I awaited to see what would happen.

A loud inhuman noise came from behind the fence, scaring Scotty.

"Something got the ball!" Scotty exclaimed quietly, "What was that thing?"

The guys looked at each other before speaking.

"Campout."

"Mom, I'll be fine!" I groaned as I tossed an old hoodie over my head.

"Riley, I don't want you hanging around these boys all the time." She sighed.

"Why? Scotty hangs out with them, I just sit in the dugout and watch. I like baseball, most girls don't. It's not my fault." I say as I sling my bag onto my back.