Chapter 11

AN: Sorry that you had to wait two years for this update but here it is.
Finland almost dropped Maska in shock. The toddler was panicked and started to hit Tino and scream and sob louder with every passing second. Maria snatched Maska into her arms and rocked her child. The screaming stopped instantly but the crying was a gradual decrescendo. Matthew wrapped his arms around his family, giving silent support.
"Will he be alright?" Logan questioned softly.
"He should be. He's been through the fire before and I believe he can take a whole lot more. Something just isn't right about this. Maria, no one knew where it was was hidden, correct?" Matthew's tone held a note of urgency.
"What? Hidden?" Matthias piped up.
"Only the three of us! Not even the legends have traces of it. It's never even hinted that it was hidden!" Maria rapidly shot back.
"What's hidden?" Matthias pleaded, being ignored again.
"But if it was found then it can be released... Everything we worked for..." Matthew gazed at Maria in sadness.
"Eeverything we fought and died for... ¡Dios mío! ¡Mateo! Ella ..." Maria clutched Maska to her as she started to cry in fear.
"Can someone tell me what is going on? What is hidden? Why is it so important?" Matthias looked completely lost. Matthew wished he could be as lost as Matthias at that moment.
"Something bad. Something so, so terribly bad. Long ago, there was a battle. Gaha, an Empire spanning all of North, Central, and Southern America, was cruel. She made every empire and its ruler before and after her look like a god or goddess of kindness. We where all enslaved or hunted down and slaughtered. Maska withstood and over threw her. He killed her in the battle. For good measure, his tribe sealed her body away in a tomb so dark and deep that the sun would never shine on it again. The enchantments on the place will forever keep even the bravest or most wicked of heart from discovering it. If what we fear is true..." Matthew trailed off, too scared to finish that thought.
"She'll be back and she will destroy everything. Maska is ready for her. He always has been. We've never been ready for her but he always knew that she would be back. Even his people knew it. The fear of the dark. The silence that seems to be all consuming. Only his people know of the danger lurking around the lands. They may not consciously remember what the threat is but they are the only ones read." Maria whispered. The shadows were swirling in a deep and quite forgotten cave. The greatest evil ever to grace this earth was growing again.
'Soon...' it whispered to those who were not careful. 'Soon I will return and take back what is MINE!'