Chapter 7

~Mommy, what is that drink?~ Alfred asked with wide, curious eyes.
~This is a yummy drink that is flavored. It is called Coke. Do you want to try it?~ Maria asked. The toddler liked it and Maria allowed Alfred to have three cups of Coke before they left. "
"You know that we still have to potty train him and he'll be hyper during the meeting?" Matthew asked as they entered the meeting room ten minutes early. Maria smirked evilly, causing a raised eyebrow.
"Yes but would it not be hilarious to see Germany's face?" Maria asked. Matthew chuckled.
During the rest of the meeting, Alfred just couldn't sit still. He would sneak away from his caretakers and ask nations that had strained relations with America questions in first nation tongue. The older countries knew that it was First Nation but could not translate it. Maria found Alfred talking to Iraq and Iran in First Nation. The former Empires just watched and all the countries were shocked when Maria called to Alfred in First Nation. Alfred ran over to her.
~Mommy, why do they not talk like us?~ Alfred asked, totally confused.
~Because they came after us.~ Maria answered as she hugged Alfred tightly. Canada had been cornered by the rest of the G8. They were asking him questions but he did not answer a single one. Alfred pulled on Russia's scarf. Russia swatted to look at the toddler.
~Why do you hurt daddy?~ Alfred asked. Russia and the G8 were confused. Matthew scooped the child up. Alfred giggled.
The next time that Matthew and Maria saw Alfred was when he was hiding behind Belarus. She was protecting him from the Europeans who wanted to cuddle him and take him away. She looked happy to do so. After the summit was done, the North Americans were gone before anyone could stop them.
Alfred was asleep in Matthew's arms, clutching Mana like a lifeline, as Maria drove to Matthew's cabin. Matthew wrapped the toddler in his suit jacket as they arrived. They dashed to the door right as it started to pour. The thunder woke Alfred up, who clung to Matthew. Matthew spent the better part of an hour calming Alfred down and watched over him as he fell asleep. The older nations soon joined him in the realm of dreams.