Diversity Please!

Ya' know what I'm tired of seeing on Wattpad? NO DIVERSITY!!!! I literally see the same thing, a white face claim who is straight

Ya' know what I'm tired of seeing on Wattpad? NO DIVERSITY!!!! I literally see the same thing, a white face claim who is straight. There's is nothing wrong with that but the problem is that I see it in most of the stories I read. Another problem is that it's the same face claims like Hollend Roden, Nina Dobrev, Shelley Henning, Dylan Obrien, etc.

And if you're like "Oh Elle, what are some POC face claims?"

Well if you go to the wattpad search bar and type in "POC face claims" a bunch of books will pop up. Click any of them. Most of them usually provide their race/ethnicity. They'll also provide bonus information like if there are a lot of gifs of said person or if there are not a lot of gifs for said person.

Now, if you were like me a year ago and didn't know how to write POC because, "I might offend POC." As long as you don't write them like they're a slave or food and you write them like you would as you would write a white character then you're absolutely fine. Also, Zendaya and Kiersey Clemons are not the only POC in the world.

Now, LGTBQ+, this is coming from a bisexual person. If your character who is gay, trans, les, bi, ace, demi, poly, etc I swear to god, do not write them like they're ashamed of themselves. They call it pride for a reason.

Example: Oh, I'm so gay. I don't want anyone to know because I'll be kicked out the house. Then I turn to my right and see a hot guy that I wanna make out with right now and make him orgasm.

NO. I thoroughly dislike that. That's a stereotype and sadly the most common one. Like with a person of color, write them like you would with a straight character. Does a straight character mention the fact that they're straight in. Every. Single. Sentence. No, so why would you do it to a LGBTQ+ character. It makes 0 sense and also make your LGBTQ+ character not fall in love with every, guy or girl that they see. Coming from a bisexual person, I do not fall in love with every guy or girl that I see. I have standards ya' know!

Ik this was short but I just did the main things.

ELLE OUT
Next Topic: Hamilton Ships