Annoying Clichés On WP

Here are some annoying clichés I see on Wattpad

Here are some annoying clichés I see on Wattpad. Disclaimer: This is not directed towards certain people, it's just what I have seen with my two eyes.

1. The parents don't give a shit
Yes I cussed, but that's how much parents don't care in these books. Like a teenager could be like "Bye mom I'm gonna do drugs and make out with strangers." and the mom could be like "Have fun sweetie make sure to bring lube if you have any problems." FOREAL. If I said that to my parents that I'm going to a party they would make sure that there are no boys there. They would also want to know the name of everyone their and their phone number, address, date of birth, name of their pet, etc. Or another cliche related to parents is that the parents go on like two month trips to the Bahamas and let their kids be alone. Or the parents are dead and I can guarantee you that the only teenager I know who lost their parent(s) were my two cousins when they lost their father to cancer. That's all so have realistic parents in your book next time.

2. The antagonist is a person
Sure there can be human antagonists but what about mental antagonists? Like I see very few stories that have the main character struggling with depression or anxiety. Or maybe a story with a human and mental antagonist?

3. There aren't any LGBTQ+ and POC in the story
Don't get me wrong, stories without any LGBTQ+ and POC representation can be good but I'm tired of seeing the hipster white straight tumblr geek in every story I see. Like maybe change it up a bit and have a black hipster or an asian who is asexual. I'm currently thinking about coming out with a POC face claim book but I'm not sure about so maybe tell me if you want one and I'll whip something up for you guys.

4. In a fan fiction, the character that the author creates is always with the main character of the fandom.
For example, when I read fan fictions of The Flash, it's with the OC and Barry Allen. Never Cisco, Wally (well maybe), or Julian. Another example in AHS Hotel every OC falls in love with James Patrick March. WHAT ABOUT MY GIRL LIZ (she deserved better) I mean like the other clichés it's ALWAYS THE SAME THING. Maybe change it so that in an AHS Freak Show fan fiction the OC doesn't fall in love with Jimmy but maybe Paul?

ELLE OUT