Chapter5: Two Opposite Dancers

chapter5: two opposite dancers
december 1, 2008

 It’s now December. After 9STARz performed at the mall, there were videos of them all over YouTube. They basically went viral! It wasn’t long until Seth called a meeting with them. He told them he didn’t like what they did, but he let go with a warning.

 When 9STARz performed with 7STARz, the 9 started to gain even more fans. They’re already growing a fan-base, and they haven’t released anything yet.

 Now it’s time for dance rehearsals for both season four of popSTARz, and their opening act for 7STARz’ upcoming North American leg of their tour. It’s called 7STARz Carnival. So far, they’re still recording their debut album, so their choreographer had to use the demos.

 When the 9 arrived at the dance studio, Vaughn gave an arrogant grin. Ryan asked, “What’s with you?”

 He replied, “I feel right at home here. I know I can dance better than any of you.”

 With that, both Ryan and Maddie laughed. Ryan faced Maddie, and asked, “You dance, too?”

 Maddie replied, “Of course I dance. Why wouldn’t I be able to?”

 Vaughn then said boldly, “Let’s do a dance-off! I’m better than y’all anyway!”

 Ryan scoffed, and said, “I have a better idea. I’ll show off my moves, and see if Maddie can actually dance.”

 Maddie scoffed and shook her head. She told Ryan, “This is stupid. We’re about to start dance rehearsals, and you want to challenge me to a dance-off.”

 Then Ryan taunted, “What? You’re scared? I’ll go first. Besides, I need to shut Robb’s face up.”

 Vaughn rolled his eyes. Sarah decided to provide the music. She hooked up her iPod, and put it in shuffle mode. Ryan began. He showed off his slick dance moves. Vaughn pouted, but the other members were impressed.

 When the song was finished, Ryan said to Maddie smugly, “It’s your turn. Or are you…chicken?”

 Maddie glared at Ryan, and said in a competitive tone, “I’m not ‘chicken,’ but if you want me to crush you, I will.”

 So Maddie took off her green hoodie, revealing nothing but a sports bra. She played another song. Her moves were different from Ryan’s. Ryan danced like he was part of a boy band, whereas with Maddie, she displayed more ballet and modern techniques.

 Halfway into the song and being impressed, Ryan started dancing with Maddie. They meshed well for a while. Then they stared into each other’s eyes. They were like this for several second, then Maddie pulled away.

 She stammered, “Um, I’m leaving.”

 Just as Maddie was gathering her things, the band’s choreographer arrived. He saw her getting ready to leave, so he told her, “You’re not leaving, Madison. We’re about to start rehearsals.”

 She told him, “Look, I have to get some air. That’s all.”

 “Madison, we’re starting now. Put down your things, and join us.”

 With that, Maddie dropped her backpack and her hoodie like they were rocks, and reluctantly walked up to her bandmates. Then they started rehearsals.

 It’s around noon, and the 9 left the dance studio for a lunch break. Maddie went to the bathroom. She needed to cool off, and get her thoughts straight. Suddenly, Sarah entered the bathroom. She saw Maddie looking frustrated.

 So she asked, “Maddie, are you okay”

 Maddie replied, “Yeah, I guess. It’s just…Ryan.”

 “What about him?”

 “He…I hate it when he flirts with me. Can’t he tell he’s not my type?”

 “And what is your type?”

 Maddie thought for a moment, and then she said, “Guys with substance, like they’re not vain and arrogant. I like guys who are active in human rights, and making the world a better place. Besides, I have a boyfriend back in Brooklyn. He’s everything I could want in a guy.”

 Then Sarah asked, “If you got a boyfriend, then why are you so bother by Ryan? Do you like him?”

 “What kind of question is that?” Maddie asked defensively.

 “Maddie, I’m just asking.”

 “I don’t like him. At all.”

 Sarah looked at her weirdly, and said, “Okay. Let’s go get something to eat.”

 Maddie nodded her head, and then they left.

 A few minutes later, the 9 arrived at an organic restaurant. They had to start eating healthy food. It’s to both be healthy and sexy. They even begun hitting the gym.

 As they were entering, Ryan took Maddie aside, and asked, “Maddie, why do you keep pushing me away?”

 She told him bluntly, “Anderson, you’re not my type of guy, and I have a boyfriend.”

 “So, you think I’m trying to move in on you? All I did was a dance-off, and you can thank Vaughn for that. I get you’re in a relationship, but you don’t have to act like you’re better than me.”

 “Please, I am better than you.”

 With that, Maddie entered the restaurant, with her nose in the air. As for Ryan, he stood there, not sure what’s going on with her.

 It’s now evening. Alec, who has become a friend to Ryan, took him aside. He asked, “What’s going on between you and Maddie?”

 He replied, “I don’t know, really. She tells me she has a boyfriend, but I’m not even trying to flirt with her. She keeps pushing me away, and acting like a snob.”

 Alec said, “Well, you were kind of hitting on her. I saw the way you two looked at each other.”

 “Okay, I did feel something for her, but I don’t like her attitude towards me.”

 “So, you do like her?”

 Ryan looked at Alec, and just gave a shrug. Then he walked away.

 At the same time, Maddie was going to get something to drink from the mini-bar. She overheard what was being sad between Ryan and Alec. She wondered to herself, Did Ryan just admit he liked me? He can’t like me! I got a hipster boyfriend!

 Once Ryan and Alec left, Maddie stood there, feeling nervous. She wasn’t sure what to think. Then out of fear, she went back to her room.

________________________________________________

IN THE GIF IS THE SEXY RYAN ANDERSON (Alex Pettyfer), COURTESY OF @devout>>>