Chapter Fourteen

Evangeline POV

Her world slowly faded back out to black as Loki called her name.

The others.

The ones who stole her from her home, prodded her with needles and questions, the ones who she killed.
Over lapping memories, Evangeline blowing the house to bits, her laughing statistically while really she was a broken child.

Evangeline having no hope, she escaped just to be another science project.
Evangeline killed them too. She had killed them all.
Freezing them to ice statues, turning them to ashes.

She never meant to to do that.
But they had always told me gypsy blood runs cold.

With a gasp her eyes flicked open and She let out a blood curling scream.

Evangeline slowly stopped as her voice went hoarse from the sudden out break.

She looked around her surroundings. She was in a house, she thought, the walls are draped in a white cloth the ground is floored with an intricately woven rug. The smell of pine wafted though the open door.

Soon she saw Loki rushing in the door.

" I heard you scream are you alright?" Shebnodded.

" Just.. Memories. Just memories..." Evangeline muttered the last bit for herself.

He put his arms around her as he sat on the bed next to her.

" You know you can tell me anything. I may have.only known you for a short while but I can trust you more than anyone I have ever known. And this is coming from the God of deception. So please tell me.."

She stared into his emerald eyes.

" You don't know how bad I wish to tell you. But I'm afraid," She spoke weakly

" What's there to be afraid of?" He said his face softening

" Losing you. My only hope, my only friend, my only love."

_________________________________________

Loki POV

He looked at Evangeline studying her face.

She was broken, hurt, and lied to.

She has been through something similar to me.

And he just wants her pain to go away.

" Loki, if only tell you. Please don't think differently of me. I need you more than ever."

Loki nodded.

" Okay.. I, I am a tool of destruction. I've been used to harm others. I have been experimented on by the humans, I have been broken. But I have killed, so many without any remorse. And I am becoming my worst fear, a monster."