Chapter Eight

Evangeline POV

It was lights out, She laid down on her cot to get some sleep. Thoughts ran in her mind. What if she just ran? She could take Loki with her. Heaven's knows what they had planned for him.
Could she be happy if she left?

LOKI POV

Loki was awakened quickly when he heard a female scream next to him.

Loki saw Evangeline struggling with these men in black suits and a woman with a syringe.

"LET ME GO!!" Evangeline wailed. Her hands were pinned behind her back.

The held her as she fought and struggled.

" LET HER GO!" Loki bellowed. He stood and frantically looked for a way to get to her. He had no other choice. He pulled the bars until they separated far enough for him to get through. He knocked the two brutes out with swift punches to the back of the head.
The nurse ran down the hall.

Evangeline sat in the corner rocking  back and forth, her knees up to her chest.
A long black bruise started to form on her face.

" Evangeline, what happened?" Loki asked cautiously as I pulled her into my arms.

" They, They said it was my time, to, to go. I was just ,a-a burden." She sobbed.

He held her closer and mumbled into Evangeline's ear.

" I will get you out of here I promise, both of us."