Chapter Ten

Loki POV

Evangeline.

Loki absolutely adores, Evangeline. That girl has managed to thaw his frozen heart. She worked her way inside. She warmed his heart at brought a smile to his face. She was crazy, but so was he. He liked her, a lot actually. He never thought that would have ever happened again.

He had got them a room. She slept soundly wrapped in his arms. He had to protect her. She was strong and a fighter, but she needed someone to watch over her. Loki guessed she hadn't had that in a long while if not ever. He wanted to be that for her. He has never wanted that before.

Loki knew this semi-peaceful moment wouldn't last. He knew his luck. It would go down in a storm of chaos, ripping him apart. It always did. However he still held on, he didn't have plans of letting go any time soon.

He felt his eyelids grow heavy and he fell into slumber with Evangeline by his side.

------------------

Evangeline POV

Her eyes blinked and adjusted to the new day before her. A warm body was pressed against hers. It was like a protective shield that wrapped around her. His arms held her close, and she took in a deep breath. She tucked a dark lock of her hair behind her ear as she rolled over and faced him.

Loki was asleep in front of her, arms still tucked around her. His pale skin was still unhealthily white. His eyes were shut and he looked at peace. She liked this man a great deal. Maybe one day she would admit that it was more than a fondness. She cared for him deeply and wanted him with her.

His green eyes opened and a lazy grin sat on his lips. She grinned back at him.
"Good morning."

"Good morning as well, Evangeline."

She pecked a kiss on his forehead. She's not sure what drove her to do that but she did. She sat up and stretched.

"I'm going to shower, I'll be out in a moment."

She threw her legs over the side of the bed and walked to the bathroom. Evangeline pushed open the rather heavy door and padded into the bathroom. She yawned as she shed her clothes and locked the door behind her.
She was still blinking the sleep from her eyes as she stepped in the shower.
Closing the curtain behind her she turned on the water.
A scorching hot stream of water hit her in the face. She couldn't see. She frantically blinked as she shook her head. The scalding water sprayed her as she tried to regain her senses.
It was like when she first arrived.
The scalding water they used to shower her down with when she didn't cooperate. The syringes that followed. Panic bubbled in her chest as she frantically searched to turn the water off.
She remembered crimson going down the drain, screams of the other patients.
"Just turn off!" Hot water still came from the shower head, it fogged up the room. The heat was suffocating.
Doctors with drugs, nurses with false promises of safety.
The dead man with a mouth full of blood.
She slipped.
Her mind decided it needed to take a break. She fell into unconsciousness.