Chapter Four

Evangeline POV

" Welcome to never ending torture my friend." She smirked. "Get ready for needles and drugs galore."

" I won't here for long." He grumbled. She could see his uncertainty.

Evangeline bellowed a laugh, it was fake and high pitched. More mocking than anything else.

" Oh everyone thinks the same thing. And if they don't, they are to busy blubbering for their mommies. And then you have me." She smiled slyly at him through the bars that separated them. Her hands wrapped around them tightly as she put her face close to them.

He finally turned to face her.

" What so special about you?"

"I'm a genius, a gypsy queen. A light bender. Illusion master. But I'm not a crazy." Evangeline said. She told this to everyone that she met. They never believed her of course. Why would they? She's in a mental institution.

He studied her with interest. He looked at like a child who told him they had a fantastic superpower.

"Really now? Why don't you don't you show me your awe inducing abilities?" He lulled in a sarcastic draw.

She knew he expected the woman to give him an excuse why she couldn't show him.

But instead she said " Watch. What's you're favorite book?"

"I don't have one. Midgardian works of fiction are mind numbing."

Evangeline raised her brows. Midgard... She hadn't heard earth get called that since her days in Asgard...

"Midgard. You, you are from Asgard are you not?"

He looked at her again.
"I am."

"Interesting."

Evangeline lifted her book from the ground. She placed her hand on its cover and closed her eyes.
She felt book expand into a thick blanket. Asgardian woven fibers. It was softer than most things on this planet.
She opened her eyes back and showed the blanket to her new neighbor.
"We are one in the same you and I. Not entirely crazy, not human, a little bad, and not entirely sane."