Chapter 26 | Memory

Start from the beginning

Now it is on him if he wants to remember me.

"It happened one week before you rejected me, I lied to you all and told you my name was Lily Kim"

"You chose your dead lover over your mate-" I chuckled humorlessly, I know it isn't good to let my anger out on him for things he doesn't even remember.

"-You hated me" tears stood on the verge of my eyes waiting to be let loose, which I refused to do.

"Now that I see things from a different perspective, I know that this is mostly my fault seeing that I refused to let anyone tell you the truth about that girl, she was a traitor who used you for information"

He sat there not moving a muscle, not an emotion visiting his hard face, silence was his sword.

He just watched me, which made me more angry.

I gritted my teeth to oppress it "say something"

Anything, give me a sign.

He continued to stare at me with his now dark blue eyes.

"A lot of things happened and you found it out, you opened up to me, you accepted me...
But now you forgot me, it is like I never existed for you"

His intense yet calm stare pirced through my soul, shivers running down my spine, my anger now running out of reasons to calm down.

My body moved on its own as I tackled him on my bed, his scent wrapping around me, the tingles telling me who this person under me is.

My mate-

And I am going to burden him with my existence.

With my shadows and secrets.

"I wish I'd have never met you" my mouth forming a whisper like sigh.

Tears are a tricky thing, a human can cry from happiness, laugher, anxiety, hate, and sadness, I wonder which emotion were responsible for my tears.

In my head is a havoc of emotions and my heart is running miles, my hands firmly around his throat, holding him in place.

My glare meeting his still dark blue eyes, a sharp pain piercing my chest at his stare, his eyes showed hurt but covered it up, he didn't even attempt to get me off.

"You might not remember, but this was the way you rejected me, with merciless glare and strong hands you tried to wipe me out of your life"

"You are similar to him" his face harden, his eyes almost turning black, veins popping on his temple, anger over coming him.

"Who is HE?" His hands on my waist to assure that I am not going to leave and avoid answering.

"Do you remember the time I followed you around? You warned me by cutting off my air, that time I had a panick attack from the memories, your words were the same as his
'You are so weak', it let me doubt if the Moon Goddess is playing games with me, if this is really my chance to be happy for some time"

"Who is HE?" He repeated.

"He is the man who raped me and cursed my past" a smile crossing my lips, but not happiness was showing in my eyes but pure hatred which consumed my whole being.

His whole body stiffed, his eyes never held so much shock, he was limp under me, not a muscle moving.

"What do you know about me Jake? What did you know about me?" My smile not faltering.

"Do you want to know the person the Moon Goddesse paired you up with, the person you got cursed with?"

"I know that I should tell you eventually, but I wanted to make sure that you won't leave me"