Chapter Five - so going to regret this later

Third person

When Elijah walks into the room, Niklaus can't help but raise his eyebrow at his presence. Especially since Niklaus heard him talking with Hayley not five minutes ago. Elijah stops and turns towards his younger brother in the centre of the room and looked as though he wants to speak. Noticing this, Niklaus narrows his eyes and gestures with his hands to be out with what he has to say.

"Chris called earlier" Elijah states causing Niklaus to roll his eyes, for he can not be bothered with Chris. Klaus finds Chris rather pathetic for an alpha, with all his whining and practically begging Hayley of favours throughout the years.

"What, is he still pining after his lost dogs?" Klaus replies, the corner of his lip quirking up into a smirk. Elijah goes to speak before being interrupted by Klaus. "Oh wait, I know, does he want us to deal with the bodies left over because he's too scared to go back into that part of the Bayeux." The cocky hybrid leans back in his armchair, clearly amused by Elijah's all too serious face draping in annoyance. Just to continue to annoy him, Klaus continues to speak. "Or even better is h-"

"Niklaus" Elijah says sternly, cutting through his younger brothers sentence before continuing. "He called as he remembered something from the attack that may be of use to us" 

"Well? If you really think that this sudden piece of information is useful then be out with it" Klaus responds, drinking the last of the contents in his glass before pouring more into the glass.

"He said that apparently, they were originally wanted to capture the wolf before killing it" Elijah starts but pauses to make sure that his ignorant brother is at least half listening. When he sees Niklaus obviously waiting, he continues. "However, apparently something happened as soon as they saw the wolf. According to Chris, when they saw the wolf they just recklessly attacked her. Without fully wanting to. As though they had no choice in the matter. Almost as if they were-"

"Compelled" Niklaus finishes and Elijah gives him a nod. Klaus seems to take a moment to let this information sink in, as his smirk drops into a thin line. "So, you're saying that you think that our mysterious wolf can use compulsion. But werewolves can't be compelled." Niklaus states in confusion and frustration.

"Neither can a wolf use witch powers" Elijah fires back, and watches as Niklaus's face seems to drop as he racks his brain through his 1027 years of experience.

"Then what the hell is she?" Klaus growls, tightening his grip on his glass. 

"I do not know brother. I do not know" Elijah answers somewhat hopelessly.

The next morning Talia's POV

Awakening from my dreamless slumber, I internally groan at my blood stained fur and my grumbling stomach. I mean seriously, you'd think I'd be full from yesterday. Bloody bottomless pit. My eyes seem to suddenly lock to the photograph in the simplistic wooden frame sticking out of my rucksack. sadness begins to take residence in me before I wrench my eyes away. Shaking my head slightly, I start to head towards the river in need of cleaning my bloodied fur. Plus there are some rabbits that aren't too far from the river.

Upon reaching the river, I look down at myself, my reflection floating, wavering slightly due to the current. I drink some of the water before stepping in to clean myself. I know that wolves clean themselves by licking themselves, but guess what? I'm not a wolf. I'm a- My thoughts are cut short as I remember that I don't even know what I am. An abomination, as most would say. Or my personal favourite, "useless slut". Because apparently, what happened with the teacher when I was around eight, was my fault. With a long sigh, I make my way to where the rabbits like to hide. I love chasing rabbits, it's like hide and seek. They hide, I seek. Best part? I never lose. It always brings me the feeling of nostalgia, hide and seek used to be my ultimate favourite game. That and checkers, but no one would play with me because apparently there was no point since I always won. It wasn't my fault they were crap and I wasn't. That was until they found out. Then no one wanted to be in the same room as me, let alone play checkers with me.