01: Wang Princess

Start from the beginning

"Gosh, I still can't believe an angel like you has a brother like him. You must have heard this countless of times already but, a Cardinal and you? Three years passed and I still can't fathom how that is possible."

Lian just smiled. She's right, she has heard this countless of times. Well, from the people who knew that is, her relationship with the infamous Jacob Wang is not known by many. Though their parents are prominent business personalities back in Seoul, hers and her brother's identities were not that openly talked-about by the media for privacy and safety reasons.

"Likewise. All my life, I have never imagined my brother would be like this. Yes, he's carefree and would always disobey our parents for fun, but who would have thought his rebellious side could lead him to be like what he is now?"

"They're just a bunch of immature guys playing around and acting like they know everything about life. Don't give up on him Li," Rylie reached out for her hand and squeezed it, making her nod thankfully in response.

Cardinals; that one word could cause any person who knew about them a variety of emotions. For Liandra, it was curiosity and wariness. Her brother was one of them but she refused to know more about what this particular group of people does to be this notorious.

All she knew is that there were a total of twenty-one guys around her age who have this title. These guys are divided into three groups known as Hell's Bullet, The Gunmen and Inferno. For years now, the said groups have been competing with each other. For what? She doesn't have any idea.

These guys are considered every parent's worst nightmare. And believe it or not, some of them are even sons of the most respected politicians of the country. This was the secret Byeoljari had been keeping since God knows when.

"Speaking of Cardinals," Rylie whispered looking towards a certain direction. Lian followed her line of sight and found who she was staring at, before immediately turning back to her lunch.

"What is it this time?," she asked exasperatedly. She doesn't get why her schoolmates—including her bestfriend—are so curious about the new girl, Jordynn Kim. Perhaps it's because she transferred to their school three months after classes started and no one knew who she really is or where she came from.

"You haven't heard about it?"

"About what?"

"There's a rumor that Jordynn is engaged with a Cardinal, some of the girls from section C saw her with him in that high-end jewelry shop at the shopping district," her best friend explained with so much intrigue in her tone.

"That's ridiculous, how can you believe that?" So there's another reason for them to gossip around. Though she can't blame them, it's the only excitement they could have in this strict place.

"I don't really believe it. My point is, there's a possibility it could be true. And look at her, she looks like someone who'll date a gang member," Ry shrugged.

Though she wanted to avoid judging people based on their looks—totally different from her beliefs in books might I add—she can't deny that Jordynn indeed looks like a fearless girl. Even with their very conservative uniform and their mandatory neat pony tail, she is still surrounded by this intimidating aura that made her hard to approach.

"I'm more curious how Julia could stay with her though. She looks really cold and she doesn't even talk that much," Rylie added.

Julianna Kang aka Student Council President and Jordynn's only friend. She's friendly, talkative and always has a smile on her face—the latter's exact opposite. But who is she to talk? She and Rylie are nearly the same with the two. Except she's not cold, she's just shy while her best friend always has a story to tell.