Chapter 4

"Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Really?" I asked Carl with a smile on my face as I walked down the stairs. Carl turned around to see my face and smiled back to me. "Raisin bran is the best." I stood behind him, while he swallowed his last bite of his cereal.

"It's my favorite." He said, pouring more into his bowl. I laughed a little but and heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Rick wasn't awaken yet, and neither was Daryl, but I soon saw he was. He smiled to me and I smiled back. Carl turned around to see Daryl. "Good morning Mr. Dixon." Carl said and I laughed at his joke. Daryl snorted.

"Call me Mr. Dixon again, and it's gonna be goodnight for you." I laughed a little bit and Carl smiled taking another bite of his cereal. Daryl picked up the box of cereal and rolled his eyes. "Cinnamon toast crunch? That's for sissies. Raisin bran... That's my kinda cereal." I laughed and looked at Carl. Which was his turn to roll his eyes.

"I told you." I said mockingly which made him even more irritated. He stood up and walked into the living room. "Where are you going?" I called to him, and he stopped and turned around to face me.

"To eat in peace in the living room." He said and smiled back at me. I smiled a bit and sat in the chair he was sitting in. Daryl sat across from me.

"What do you do during the day here?" Daryl asked. "Besides pretendin' that everything's gonna be okay?" I laughed a bit, and grabbed an orange from the fruit bowl and began to peel it. Daryl did the same a couple minutes later while I was deep in thought.

"What don't we do a run? I was thinking we could go towards Macon, maybe hit a couple towns near here. We should go too far." He nodded. "I don't know what we can get, maybe... Medicine, food... I wanna stock up before we leave, I leave."

"Woah, wait, leave?" He asked me and I looked the other way. I didn't mean to bring it up, but how could I not?

"I don't wanna stay here forever. This place teaches you that you are safe, when you're not. This place doesn't have any gates, any protection, it's going to be overran soon enough. More walkers come in from the city, and none of these people will be protected or be able to protect themselves. This place is a mask." Daryl looked down to his untouched orange. I took a slice from mine and chewed it slowly.

"Just like the farm." I heard him mumble. I raised my eyebrows and swallowed my orange.

"What?" I questioned.

"I always thought you were a woman of few words." He said and I beamed. I like when people remember what I used to be like, it means they remembered me, for me and no one else.

"I've changed." I said and he smiled. I laughed a bit, and picked up my katana which was leaning against the wall of the kitchen.

"I like that." I heard him say as I walked towards the door. "When are we going on that run?"

"Now." I answered.

||i💋this chapter and idk why||