Chp#20 The magic falls

We three walked wearily back towards the waterfall

We three walked wearily back towards the waterfall. Nobody said a word till we reached the fall. I was tired , my body ached and I was starving.

We finally reached the fall , Zinnia held my arm tightly , scared of what might happen next. I had my eyes on my prince, he walked towards the fall but then suddenly stopped and looked around at me with a puzzled expression.

" what are the magical words ?" He asked scratching his chin.

" I thought you knew the words! " Zinnia shouted.

" well it's been a long time since I've been to this place , I don't really remember... Wait ! I remember carving the magic words on a tree trunk , near the falls , start looking around at once ! " he shouted ,snapped his fingers and started running towards a tree. Me and Zinnia did the same.

We ran from tree to tree but couldn't find the carved tree. Only the last tree was left that was around the falls. We three ran towards the tree and took a sigh of relief when we saw the magic words carved on it.

" Alfallora ! "

As soon as we read the words aloud standing in front of the fall, the waterfall turned into a huge silver gate decorated with pearls. The gate opened itself and as soon as we stepped inside, something strange happened , we were under water , but we could breathe.

It was the kingdom of the mermaid queen who had captured Kalmin. I looked around and saw many Mermaids, their tail restlessly swishing here and there in the water, contributing to the waves around them. Different kinds of sea creatures were swimming around. A mermaid then came swimming towards us and asked us the reason for being here. After we told her about Kalmin , she felt sorry for us and asked us to keep swimming straight to find the castle.

 After we told her about Kalmin , she felt sorry for us and asked us to keep swimming straight to find the castle

It was easy to spot the huge wonderful castle. The castle had transparent walls. A set of stone steps were leading up to the entrance of the castle. There was no gate so we easily went inside. The interior of the castle was as beautiful as outside. There were beautiful paintings all around the room. There was a set of double staircases, one on the left, one on the right. The railing of the staircase was exquisitely engraved with flowers and vines, I didn't understand the purpose of the stairs since it was a mermaid castle. There were six large stone pillars evenly spaced, to keep the castle standing.

My eyes then hit on the mermaid queen

My eyes then hit on the mermaid queen . She was sitting on her throne. Her eyes were the same blue as the water and were full of sadness. Her hair was golden and curled delicately, stopping it's luscious flow just above her waist. I watched in amazement the way the water reflected off her soft, pale skin. Her long green tail was covered in beautiful green scales. She had a beautiful crown on her head made from seashells, pearls and gemstones.

The moment she spotted us , she glided through the water, her tail moved in rapid motions as she swam towards us

" what brings you here? " the mermaid queen asked us in a soft voice.

" Where have you locked him up ?" Asked Zinnia angrily.

" you must be Zinnia then .. The girl who he always talks about , the girl because of who he's not mine .." Whispered the mermaid queen and  looked away. She looked like she was going to cry.

"Yes it's me Zinnia , please set him free"
said Zinnia , her voice was soft, and a bit strained, like someone had hit her in the gut and she was still recovering.

"Well I made him a promise .. so follow me " said the mermaid queen with a sigh.