Chapter 18: Runaway

The night was no longer young as she hoped it to be.  The sun will rise in about a few hours to come and yet, here they were wondering the streets of Philip, after having an extremely early breakfast. 

Brienna sat on an empty bench, looking at the smiling faces of people: old teens and some other people who seemed to be just coming out of work. No vendors were in sight anymore, until you reach the capital.

The lively chatter and easy moving cars moved about. Large, long skyscrapers loomed over everyone, dominating other smaller buildings here and there.

With slender fingers, Brienna traces a small fraction of her fedora, at the rims. 'So there was no use for this, after all.' A small smile popped up but soon disappeared. 

As she waited for Keith to come back from wherever he was, she spent her time examining everything that was in sight. The atmosphere has dropped but the wealth is more evident than ever. If she figures out a way to protect the atmosphere from fossil fuels then maybe a better environment will soon come. However, it was impossible, will it is but not now. 

Despite the ozone layer getting worse after some years, the population of humanity has increased drastically to the point that actions must be made. Even if she tried, Liberty will have to suffer the most.

"What is a person like you sitting here?" The voice came from behind her and she knew fully what they wanted. "How about you come with me?" She can feel the man's breath on her neck, literally. Trying to not pinch her nose from the strong alcoholic odour, she continues to look forward.

"The quiet type? How about we go to a hotel instead." A rough, dry hand touches her neck, "So you can scream all you want." He whispers, trying to seduce her.

Everyone around them ignores the small exchanged, if it was a different person who was in the very situation they are in, will anyone help the person being dragged to who knows where?

"What do you think you're doing to her?!" Suddenly loud voice booms. In a short distance in front of her, Keith emerged from the people, running up to the man. 

"Hey! Do you know who I am?!" The man who was touching Brienna earlier shouts as Keith pulled her away from him and into a protective hold. 

With a protective arm around her waist, she finally got a view of the mysterious man. Messy brown hair, brown eyes, silver chains around his neck, slim bony stature, multiple gold rings all on his fingers, age about thirty.

"What a pain in the ass, let's go Brienna." Noticing the people's stares, Keith turns around began to walk onwards. 

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you!" In a swift motion, Keith turned around nd due to his sharp reflexes, he grabbed the man's hand that was going to hit him. "Tch," Frustrated, he grabbed Keith's wig and yanked it down.

Already, a crowd formed. "Run," Because of their terrible luck, the building in front of them just happened to be Philip's most infamous gossip magazine HQ.

Brienna's POV...

"Taxi!" I called a speeding car. A massively formed mob of mixed fangirls and paparazzo hurriedly chases us. The yellow taxi pulled up and we immediately jumped in.

"Gristav Chateau," Keith says as he hides his face with the fedora I gave him.

Glancing at him, with curious eyes. I kept silent. Gristav Chateau, located not a far distance from Chateau Philip, is a five-star hotel which attracts tourists from all over to stay. Like a living palace, it is the most famous hotel in Philip and second in all of six nations.

But, however, I still don't understand.

~*~

Third Person...

Everything was dark; the windows that are in almost all the hallways were covered with curtains. No light or living in can be seen. 

With the royal family and their servants fast asleep, the just a two person was awake. Down the unlit hallways, a deep echo goes down the hallway. Slow footsteps came from here and there as they carry a flashlight with them, helping them see the dark.

The identical twins stopped in front of their mistress' rooms, slowly turning the handle and pushed it open. No one, not one living being was in it, no life source can be detected; she was gone. But, with the other, she was fortunate to have her mistress sleeping happily on her bed. Amber eyes looked through the room, noting anything that may be hiding in her room; nothing.

Walking back out, she closes the door softly and before she can even blink after that, her phone buzzed in her pocket. Walking a safe distance away, she pulls it out.

'His Highness Prince Keith and my mistress is gone.'