Chapter 5: Alma

Brienna's POV...

I went to the closet, diary in hand, ready to put it back in the new hiding space. I had been transferred to Liberty to stay hidden where it was much safer than Nobel Michel, well, that was what Mike thought. He had done the same with Riri but she went to Altaria along with Roberto which I didn't get. Why Altaria out of the rest of the kingdoms? Why not Dres Van due to its tight border control and strict rules? Maybe it was because of the Crown Prince of Nerwan. Who know by the sides it wasn't my place, to begin with.

My new bedroom was provided by Alford's royal family and it came along with a connecting bathroom and two walk-in closets, one bigger than the other fully prepared. Mike did not just transfer me to Liberty but he gave me a personal maid to tend to my needs as to Riri as well.

I pushed open the door of the main closet, which was bigger than the other that connected to the bathroom, and went to the coat section. Finding a suitable fluffy coat with deep pockets I slipped my diary inside before leaving.

~*~

I sat in the dining room along with Keith as we wait for the food to come. The only thing that could be heard was Luke reciting Keith's schedule for the day which was quite a bit if I must add.

"Kaori," I summoned," prepare to leave a little after breakfast. We shall be going to explore what Liberty has to offer." Kaori, my personal maid, stepped up and bowed respectfully.

(Right is Kaori)

"Of course, Miss." Kaori left the dining room.

"Where do you think you're going?" Keith spoke," Lord Michel didn't just send you here on vacation but to stay hidden." He said when he overheard my small exchange to Kaori.

"Do you think I did not know that?" I answered looked at him. "I am fully capable of taking care of myself and this would be a great opportunity to see how safe Liberty is."

"Are you trying to test me?" He was close to shouting and was about to say something else until I got up from my seat opposite his.

"Enough with this immature banter," I walked out of the dining room," I'll be taking my leave now."

~*~

I strolled down the busy streets of Liberty as I wore a disguise. How stupid of Keith to think I would just leave the manse like that. Since he was young he was always the one to jump to conclusions. The short brown wig fluttered as the wind blew it gently.

Kaori picked the right choice of clothing. I looked on ahead seeing if anything would interest me. I still had yet to eat breakfast but what I usually did was starve myself by not eating any even though it was an important to do so. I had left Kaori back at the manse because I wanted to go alone but it seems like she is following me. You're skilled I have to admit but you are far too early to match your skills to mine.

It was true, she even wore a disguise but it was still easy to tell it was her and it had only been less than a day since I knew her yet, I have a lot of information from you already.

As I continued to walk, I made a turn to the left and saw a person not looking where she was walking and bumped into me which resulted in making her fall to the ground shamefully. How troublesome. Next to her was what seems like her partners shopping for new clothes from expensive designer brands while wearing ridiculously pricey clothing.

"How dare you!" She got up with the help of her friends in the background and pointed at me once she was now on her two feet. "Look what you have done to my dress! Do you know how much this costs?!" Her face was scrunched up as she pointed at me accusingly.

"How was I to blame for this?" I glared at her through the dark sunglasses," You were the one laughing with your eyes closed and the one to fall to ruin your dress." I looked at the newly stained dress which was stained with dirty water. "If you are that desperate then you should hurry and wash it off."

"Ugh! How dare you!" A crowd was now starting to form," This is a limited edition from Jean Pierre!" She flipped her silk like hair," But I won't see you there, will I? Since you are a commoner."

"You're right, I won't see you there but one thing is for certain is that I'm wasting my time talking to you." I turned around and was about to take a step forward until I felt sharp nails digging into my hand. Kaori. I saw her looking at me from a corner and she started to approach me until I put my right hand up and did a signal to tell her she was not needed. Her brown eyes widened when she saw me recognise her but eventually, she went back to her hiding place.

"What's up with you?! Do you not know who I am?"She dug her nails deeper and swung me around so I am now facing her furious green eyes.

"Does it matter who you are? A name is just a simple title to call someone but in the end, we are all human." I looked at her waiting to see how she acts.

"Ho-how DARE you!" She raised her right hand up into the air and was about to slap me until a larger hand grabbed hers.

"Prin-prince Keith!" She was not a completely different person. She wrapped her arms around Keith's left arm and snuggled her body close to his. "Can you believe what this commoner did to my dress?" She cast me a deadly glare.

So it was a good decision to leave at the same time. "This commoner that you are talking about just happened to be a special guest staying in Liberty right now." Laura looked at me with her eyes that widened to the most.

"Bu-But this can't be." She scoffed as she held a hand in front of her mouth.

"Whatever that happens to her has to go through me.

Be My Princess: ~2:51~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें