Part Twenty

A few weeks later...

Antonio was on his knees in front of Nicole, he held a small black box behind his back in his hand. The whole mansion was there to witness it, even Nikolay was there. But not for long, Antonio thought. He had gotten everything out of Nicole, and Antonio was not pleased with how Nikolay had acted around his property.

Nicole on the other hand was really confused; her hormones didn't really cooperate with her mind in this point. She was 19 weeks in her pregnancy and the hormones really did its job to make her cry and crave everything you could possibly want to eat.

Every now and then Nicole could feel the baby move, it was a hard kicker for sure. How am I supposed to adopt this child away, was the only thing she thought of all of her time awake. Nicole and Antonio already knew the gender of the baby, and they hadn't thought of telling anyone about it either. But Nicole didn't know if she could adopt the baby away, it was her baby, after all.

"I know that ever since I brought you here you have faced serious and not so nice "surprises" if I even can use that word to describe it all. But I want you to know, Nicole, that I'm horribly sorry for everything you went trough before this day. But from now on, I, Antonio, promises you to care for you, to protect you from everyone that I can protect you from, and that I will take care of you for the rest of our lives.. Dear Nicole, would you give me the honor to be your husband and protector? To let me love you and take care for you until the day we both die?" Antonio now held the black box in front of him, in front of Nicole. He opened it slowly, revealing a beautiful black ring with diamonds around it; it wasn't the traditional engagement ring, but Antonio didn't care. He was his own kind, and the ring was specially made for his Nicole. It was enough to him to actually embarrassing himself like this; for a woman.

"I.." Nicole couldn't think properly. She was drowning in hormones. The last few weeks had been heaven for her; Antonio had taken care of her every single day. Making sure she ate properly, that she got massages at least three times a day and that she kept herself fit. He also took time from his work to cuddle up in the bed with her while watching a movie. Cliché, Nicole thought to herself. But her mind screamed for Antonio to take her here and now. The whole room was quiet, no one uttered a word. Everyone waited for Nicole's answer.

"I.. Okay," Nicole whispered, she didn't trust her own voice at the moment. Damn you, hormones.
"M-My answer is y-yes,"

Antonio went up on his feet with a huge smile on his lips; flashing his perfectly white teeth. Antonio took a soft hold on Nicole's left hand and placed the beautiful diamond ring on her ring finger, and when the ring was in place he kissed her softly; holding his hands around her waist.

The whole room felt in applauses, everyone cheered for this moment; The moment everyone had waited for. Nicole couldn't hide the blush that had crept up her face, she wasn't used to this kind of attention, or attention at all.

Everyone in the room stood in line to say their congratulations to Nicole and Antonio, some of the men had taken their wives with them as well. And Nicole made some new friends in her own age, she couldn't have guessed that this world would be her new life. A new life in the mafia, with her soon-to-be husband as a boss.

But Nicole's heart dropped as fast as she thought of her own family. They didn't know anything, and they wouldn't be able to be on their only daughters wedding.

"Why are you so sad, princess?" Antonio asked, he had noticed that Nicole had tears in her eyes and wasn't sure if he wanted to knew why.

"My family.. T-They.. Won't be here.." Nicole mumbled, but Antonio just chuckled quietly before telling his men something. And what Nicole didn't expect was the thing that was happening next.

Nicole's mother, father and her older brother came forward, and all three was dressed up for what seemed like a meeting with the king and the queen.

"Oh my dear Nicole," her mother whispered as she hugged her daughter. Nicole burst out in tears when her mother embraced her, she had missed these moments with her mother too much,

"Mom.. I-I.."

"Hush, baby. I'm proud of you, you know that?" Her mother whispered in her ear while continuing;

"You have been through a lot, Antonio have told us everything, and I'm truly sorry about everything. But I'm also so proud of you, you got through it all and look at you now, a grown up woman that are engaged. You have no idea how proud I am as a mother, baby girl,"

"Mother.." Nicole mumbled, she was overwhelmed of the feelings and the events that had took place today. She didn't know how to process everything, but eventually she let go of her mother and went for her father and brother and hugged them both for a long, long time as well.

"I'm sorry to disturb your family moment, but I think it's time for my fiancée to rest for a while before the dinner," Antonio spoke as he wrapped and arm around Nicole's waist.

"But-"

"Don't worry, honey. We will be here for a week, we have all the time to talk after you have rest," her father said with a soft smile on his lips, her mother nodded in agreement.

"Oh.. Okay," Nicole answered, she hugged her parents and then went up with Antonio on the second floor. Antonio helped Nicole up on the bed and placed the duvet over her body.

"Antonio..?"

"Yes, princess?"

"Thank you.. For bringing my parents here.." She mumbled. She wasn't used to thank people, nor saying 'I'm sorry'.

"It's nothing to thank me for. They will attend the wedding, too, little angel. Hell, they can move in here if that makes you happy,"

Nicole froze. Did he just said that my parents can move in?

"Y-You sure..? That's too much to ask for," but she really wanted to have her family at least closer to her.

"Nothing is too much when it's about you, Princess. You should get some rest before the dinner. I'll come get you when very thing downstairs is ready,"

"Okay," Nicole mumbled and curled up on the bed, Antonio kissed her on her cheek before leaving.

But Antonio had made yet another thing with the dinner; he had arranged a baby shower.

What is a pregnancy without a baby shower, Antonio thought.