Part Sixteen

A few weeks have passed since Antonio told Nicole that he killed her boyfriend. Nicole got a bedroom for herself, the door in front of Antonios' bedroomdoor but still, she's alone. She've been in here since the room went heirs and her personal maid comes here four times a day with something to eat. She also makes sure that Nicole have something to do and that she doesn't harm herself.

Her maid, Chelsea, have given her a treadmill so Nicole atleast could do something that would keep her a little more fit than what she would be if she just stared at a wall with her mouth full of chocolate icecream all day.

Antonio comes by her door every single day, trying to make her talk to him; but he'd never succeed with that.

Nicole had cried a lot these weeks, with every reason possible. But Chelsea always have a way to at least make her smile once before she leaves to do her duties; movie, lame jokes, one or two of her crazy stories from her teenage-period and so on. She's a nice lady in her mid fifties and Nicole would describe her as a warm, open-hearted person who cares a lot about other people. She have a pair of twins, too. She have promised Nicole that she would meet them soon.

Today is one of those days were Nicole want to stay in bed all day long, letting her mind penetrate her with all of these bad thoughts.

"Nicole? I need to speak to you. Like now," Chelsea spoke as she knocked on the door and went inside as fast as Nicole mumbled a short "come in".

"What is it, Chelsea? I'm tireeed," Nicole whined and pulled the duvet over her head, to keep the sun out of her eyes.

"Antonio is furious, you need to calm him down,"

"No. Way. I won't do that and you know it,"

"Please, Nicole. you have to, before he'll rip this estate apart with his own hands,"

"No. That's final, as my maid you should listen to my words. You may leave," Nicole muttered to her, without a second thought of what she said to her. Chelsea left without a word and closed the door after her. Nicole went up with a deep sigh and walked towards the door an locked it from the inside; making sure that no one is able to come in here while she slept a little longer. 

Nicole went back to the bed but stopped in the middle of a step when she heard Antonio scream out in anger and his footsteps came closer and closer to her door. In the end he stood there, hitting her door with all his powers as he screamed.

"Open this god damn door, right now, Nicole!" But Nicole didn't answer, instead she tip-toed back to her bed and she laid down quietly and pulled the duvet over her body. This wasn't the first time this scene had happen. This was more like the.. 23th of time he've done this.

"Open. The. Door! I'll break it down,"

"Tch," Nicole mumbled and curled up into a ball. He've threaten her with those words each time in hope that he are frightening her, but he had never success with that either.

"Fine, I'll get to you shortly, Kitten. Do not forget who's in charge in here,"

"Get lost, Antonio," she hissed quietly back at him, hoping he'd leave her alone for now. And he did, he walked away while hitting the wall in the same time.

But what Nicole didn't expect him to do was get a chainsaw and begin to open the door THAT way. Nicole stared wide-eyed at the door before throwing herself out of the bed and roamed for the balcony outside her bedroom. Nicole's bedroom was on the highest floor so it was close to the roof.

She opened the balcony-door as fast and as quietly as possible before getting out of the room and out on the wooden floor. She quickly looked back and he was almost done when she gripped the ladder and pulled herself up so her legs wold get a grip on the ladder as well. Damn, training was a good thing to do when you're bored, she thought. Although I must gave gained weight.

Once she got up on the roof she heard Antonio roar in the bedroom, she heard him rip apart every clothing and bedsheets as he searched for her.

He went out on the balcony and came face to face with Nicole, for the first time in five weeks. And Antonio was surprised on how much Nicole had changed in how she looks.