Chapter 26 End: The Disguise

Katarina

Voices, I could hear them yet they were just muffled voices. Pain, I feel it. I suddenly groaned and I opened my eyes warily and I discovered I was sweating and cold. Eyes were on me and I felt a hand. A rough, calloused hand gently holding my hand and kissed it. I closed my eyes and smiled internally, I knew it was his lips. I slowly shifted my gaze and I saw him bent down on me, his eyes were as much as intense as I've seen them last, pure blue orbs and hypnotizing but there were dark circles around them. He gently sqeezed my hands and smiled.

"I've missed you." He said and kissed my hands again.

The events last time gently crept to my mind.

"how's the kingdom?"

"Everything's alright, Katarina. When you were hit by an arrow, it seemed the time has stopped. No matter how fast I was going to you it felt like years and I couldn't bear losing you." Lucas kissed my forehead.

"Before I can get to you, that man you called Lawrence wounded the man and every rebel stood on their ground. I thought I would lose you there and I ordered my soldiers to kill them all."

I gently smiled. "but you didn't."

"I want to change for you. The people fear me because I am savage and ruthless. That's why they hated me. They rebel against me and now I don't want to do anything about hate and fear. I don't even want you to have those feelings. I want to make you happy Katarina and be the man that deserves you."

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yes."

...

I am now healed completely and I saw that everything was fine just as what Lucas told me. I was crowned this afternoon as Queen and I never felt so happy together with Lucas. Lucas changed so much, he formed treaty with the rebels and the kingdom was happy with his new laws. My father and Lucas were still warming with each other. I saw them both having a fencing tournament. My sister-in-law and her husband was busy talking with Pauline and Roan and I'm sure it is about babies. I head off towards the balcon and suddenly I heard footsteps behind me.

"My lady. I mean My Queen." Lawrence bowed to me.

"How are you Lawrence? Getting trouble with the ladies?" I smiled as some court ladies giggled at the far end of the walls.

"Yes. But not as much as lord Nathan." He replied.

"I agree to that." I laughed. Lawrence was now under the employ of Nathan and sometimes he gave me quick visits as Lawrence was an old friend.

......

Lucas

"Come on, wear this hat so that no one will recognize you." She just put a large farmer hat on my head with not-so-a-gentle touch.

"Alright, as long as you wipe that silly grin of yours." I said to her.

She was so emerged at the task of being a Queen that she wanted to deeply know the kingdom. So we decided that we visit lands and to help communities but today, we are heading to a town where there are reports of children kidnapped and held captive to be trained as rebels.

"I will definitely crush those people who take away children for their own benefit." She said with a gleam in her eyes. I looked at my wife and gave her a kiss at the cheek.

"You can't do that." She gasped.

"Why can't I? This will be a more helpful disguise as we can be seen as couples and not the people who will capture them." I chuckled and caught sight of Roan and few men who were in disguise as well.

"It seems Roan is uncomfortable with his farmer disguise. He looks so- formidable. He should have just stayed home with Pauline and little Roan." Katarina said and I just laughed.

"Hmm. And when can we have little Lucas?" I whispered at her ears and slid my hands on her waist.

"I-I umm." A blush crept to her face and my eyes grew wide as she placed my hand on her belly.

I kissed her head and smiled.

We have finally come to an end! Thank you very much for your ever endearing support to Emigre: the king and a kiss. This was my first ever completed story and I am so happy that you read, voted and even followed me.
Stay awesome as always readers!

-Fretzene
:)