Chapter 23: Rebellion quenched

The next morning, I woke up and found that I was alone in the room. I yawned and pulled the window and saw a very delicious sight. Ahem. I mean a very shocking sight. My eyes grew big as I saw the king in his godly state with only breeches covering his lower part. His muscles flexed as the axe descended to the huge block of wood. He was enjoying himself together with the peasant as they competed who could split woods the most and it seems my husband is winning. I smiled at the sight and began to wonder what a man would he be if he was only a commoner. I approached them outside and saw the wife with her mouth watering but definitely not looking at her husband. I shot her an icy look which made her focus on her husband.

"My dear I didn't know you could split wood that much?" I smiled at him.

"This is a piece of cake my dear, after all the training I received at the fort- I mean from mining." He said.

"Your husband is very competitive I'd say!" The poor fellow wiped the dripping sweat on his forehead. Very competitive indeed, If you knew he even conquered quite many kingdoms.

"I win." The king said as the peasant collapse from exhaustion.

"I think this is the part where we say good bye. Thank you very much for accommodating us. Expect a hefty reward for about two days from now. " The king said to the couple and I also said my farewell.

"My king, you have become generous." I smiled as we rode the black stallion back to the town.

"only to those proven useful to me." He said in his original cold self.

"where are we going then?"

"to those bastards who said I have such small- never mind. Hiyaah!" and off we go.

. . .

We arrived at the market town and saw people gathering around a hidden barn. We slipped on to the crowds being inconspicuous with our tattered clothes.

"Welcome brothers and sisters. You all know the reason that we are here-" Said a man in his late twenties. He stood in a wooden podium facing a huge crowd inside the cramped hall in the market.

"we must stop the injustice of the citizen!" there was a loud cheer from the audience.

"death to the king!" shouted the other man.

"aye, death to the king!" said a few drunk men.

I glanced at the king and I saw his curled fist ready to strangle the men.

"we must not make a scene here your majesty." I suddenly gripped his arms.

"hmm. watch me." He withdraw his arms from my grasp as he swam to the large crowd.

"Tomorrow before the daybreak our comrades will arrived and will help us claim our lands back." Shouted the man on stage.

"this calls for a celebration then!" the king shouted as he staggered himself on the podium. My eyes shifted to the liquor he was holding.

"get off the podium, you drunkard!" shouted an old lady.

Why is he calling an attention to himself? Oh no.

He kept blabbering about more drinks and that they should throw a party. Some men went to the stage to console him and others to drag him off the stage. Other drunkards quickly agreed to his idea to throw a party until to my surprise all of them have considered it. Later on, the place was lively with merriment. They were dancing, singing, and laughing until the sun set.

"let's go now." We went to find our horse and off we go to the castle.

"why did you do that?" I questioned.