Chapter 7: The wrong room

I could hear some droplets of water as coldness swept over me at the dampness of the floor. My throat was in pain and as I opened my eyes, all I could see from my blurry vision were iron bars illuminated by flames outside. I wiped my face but felt some moisture near my eyes. I was crying in my sleep. I slowly lifted myself into a sitting position, I groaned at the sting of the wound on my right shoulders. It had already stopped bleeding and the blood mostly covered my tattered dress. I stood up but fell to the ground, my twisted foot was inflamed and it brought a searing sensation.

"Curse you! You-"I shouted and struggled to say his name but realized that I don't even know his name. He wasn't named since he was always called his majesty, your highness, your grace or the king of the Seven Lands. I felt even more enraged by the fact that I don't know the name of that loathsome creature! Tears came flowing down my cheeks. My land was seized by him, his men burned our lands and the previous king was my uncle when he died at the siege of warfare with pneumonia. I missed him and my dear father. I didn't even know where he is right now! He could be dead! I cried harder and sobbed.

suddenly I heard someone cry in pain. I listened with my ears pressed to the wall and heard another cry from a man and a few laughs by his tormentors. I'm basically in a dungeon. One guard approached my cell and gave me a rusty tin bowl filled with tasteless porridge. He should have brought some water, my throat was all dry and in pain. The king's grip was so tight that I fainted, maybe this was better than him cutting me off with his blade at that moment. How could I manage to escape these thick walls! I soon came near the iron bars and gripped them and  shook them fervently. There's no way I can escape from this!

"Come right this way, Sir Mallory."

The warden ushered a dark figure but in an instant, my blood boiled. Did I just heard Mallory? That treacherous beast! Why is he here? I watched them enter another cell and soon I can hear someone shrieking in pain. The iron bars suddenly opened and Mallory came out but he caught sight of me. I quickly hide beneath the shadow but he became curious and went near my cell.

"Who's this prisoner? Her face seems familiar." Mallory questioned the guard.

"Just a slave girl who opposed the king."

"quite a brave brat. Can I see her face?" The guard nodded and opened my cell, I quickly hid my face with my hair but Mallory have seen through that. He shot me a menacing look  and soon began laughing.

"How come you're here?" he asked.

"the same question I ask ,you traitor! You betrayed our land!" I spat a venomous look at him but his smile widen.

"betrayed? There was nothing to betray. I never loved that land of ours especially the leaders." He emphasized that last word.

"sir, its dinner time. We should head back now, the king is coming." The warden said.

"better not let the king wait." He turned his back on me and left.

Lucas:

            When I arrive at the dining table, my guest from different lands were already in here. They stood immediately and bowed to me and  swore allegiance. I just felt the humor in it when most of them are traitors in their land. They have helped me conquer their lands with their sneaky and treacherous ways. If I do not tighten my hold with this people, they could betray me which I will never allow to happen. I sat there in my royal chair and discussed some business regarding land ownership among peasants when Pierre, my butler arrived.

"my king, the entertainers are ready." He whispered to me.

One of the ways I could control them is to throw a bone, which they gladly accept with their miniscule brains. I clapped my hands to have their attention.