Chapter 15: Mood changed

I ran outside the garden, earning looks from the guards and the servants. I could still feel the winter's coldness but it helped me numb the pain I'm currently experiencing right now. I sat at a bench when someone sprang from the bushes.

"Sorry for interrupting such a beautiful lady tonight." The young man gave me his wide grin.

"I shouldn't talk to stranger."

"Me? I'm not a stranger. You know me."

"I don't know your name."

"Oh. I'm Jules." He said.

"Jules is the name of that chef." I narrowed my eyes.

He laughed which made me smile.

"Something happened?" he questioned.

"You could say so. My father's been captured by the king and he's on the dungeons." I stated.

"and the king just ruined my mood tonight." I added.

"well then, I'll make the mood right." He quickly grabbed me by the hands and he brought me to a stable.

"This place is my throne room. You see that chair right in the middle? That's my royal seat where I discuss the latest issue with my affiliates." He pointed each horses in the stable and named them one by one with their corresponding positions. I laughed at his nonsensical jokes.

We headed back to the castle and he insisted to walk with me until we reached the corridor heading to the maids room.

"thanks for letting me laugh these evening." I smiled.

"thank you for not calling me weird and odd." He smiled too.

"everyone has their odd sides." I replied.

"Why are you still here?" Suddenly Madame Marion appeared with a crossed look.

"I'm sorry mother, I shall go now." He gave a sheepish grin at her.

"She's your mother?" I forced a smile at him.

"sadly yes." He whispered.

"that fat grumpy lady is your mother?" I whispered again with an unbelieving tone.

"I could hear both of you! Now you better get going young lady." She said so I mutter a quick goodbye and went to my room.

* What a shocker! :D Hahaha. now where did that guy get his good looks?

-Fretzene