Chapter 6: Well, at Least It's Not Kraven

Start from the beginning

As he got to his knees, the sounds of agents pushing Octavius away still loud in his ears, Taskmaster felt someone push something into his hands. It was small and thin, crisp but fragile; a scrap of paper he estimated to be barely the length of his palm. The messenger moved away just as quick as they had been there, and smoothly joined back in with the rest of the collisional group.

Quick, but smoothly, Taskmaster slid the paper into his boot, then got to his feet. By then, the chaos had been settled and the guards resumed their positions around him. Both agents and scientists split ways and continued their own trek through the halls, (Octavius muttered profanities at Taskmaster as they passed each other).

All as if nothing happened.

___~LINE BREAK~___________

"Ready to go," Kazar reported to Fury and Cap, vaguely wondering if he should salute or not. Did the situation call for one, or...

Before he could decide, Fury nodded and said, "Good. Jet's prepped and the team is ready. I need this to be in and out Kazar, no detours or long routes, we're on the clock."

"I'm aware, Sir. It didn't take Wolverine and I too long last time if all goes well we can be back here by the day after tomorrow." Kazar assured. "At the latest, we'll be three days."

Captain America shouldered his shield, "Well then, it's probably a good idea to get right on it." he glanced around once, "Where's Taskmaster?"

Ugh, so maybe he WAS coming.

Nick Fury did a quick sweep of the area, into his comm he said, "Agent Grant, where is Taskmaster?"

"We're on our way Sir." a voice replied back.

"I don't care that you're 'on your way', I want to know why you're not here NOW."

"Sorry Sir, we, uh, had a little collision with some scientists. But it's all good now."

"I want you up here within 2 minutes, agent, or I'm throwing you off this ship myself," threatened Fury, then he shut the comm off. Kazar wasn't sure if Director Fury would actually do that, but judging by the group of agents hurrying onto the Tricarrier deck a minute later, he figured the Directors threat might've been more honest than he thought. Centered within the group of agents stood a blind-folded Taskmaster.

Kazar swallowed down the bile in his throat.

But he supposed he still preferred Taskmaster over Kraven, you know if he had to choose one of em.

The agent in front of the group saluted to the Director, "Forgive our tardiness, Director Fury." he promptly turned and unfolded the cloth around Taskmaster's mask eyes. "We ran into some scientists and-"

"This isn't some school agent, I don't want to hear your apologies or excuses. What I DO want is for Taskmaster to be secured within the ship and ready for take off." Nick growled,

The agent nodded, "Yes Sir."

"Wait," Taskmaster interrupted grittily, "Aren't you going to take these off," he nodded his head toward his cuffed hands. "I'm not some dog, Fury."

Nick raised an eyebrow like he didn't completely agree on that point. "You'll be uncuffed soon enough," he said, "Now get in the jet. Keep in mind that you agreed to go on this little field trip, thus you agreed to abide by the rules."

Taskmaster glowered under the mask, staring at Nick for a long minute, before turning sharply away toward the jet without a word. A bit of something unpleasant wormed its way into Kazar's stomach. Just the thought of going anywhere with that guy made him want to hurl.

But, he sighed, there's was nothing I can do about it now.

Oh well.

Still better than Kraven.

___~LINE BREAK~_________

Taskmaster stormed over to the jet, barely able to keep his composure. His teeth ground together beneath the mask, and his eyes glared holes in the jet in front of him. Never had he desired to kill Fury and his agents more than he did right now.

To be honest, it wasn't really even the cuffs that bugged him, it's not like he couldn't defend himself with them on. No, he was infuriated with Fury, and Coulson, and the rest of the back-stabbing agents aboard the Tricarrier. He remembered the days of loyalty and teamwork he had with them. Ugh, they were like poisonous memories that made him feel more disgusted the longer he stayed.

He itched to grab his guns and shoot their brains out - no, rather he'd take his knives and kill them slowly. Now that he would enjoy.

Frankly, the only thing he could think of that could calm him down, was the thought of Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, and the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D getting what was coming to them. And it was coming soon. He just needed to be patient.

So, he sat quietly and allowed the agents to secure him to the bench on the jet, locking his ankles to the floor so he couldn't make a run for it. He was obedient as they replaced his cuffs with an advanced-looking silver band that was linked together by a hard-light chain, once turned on. He didn't attack their vulnerable backs with their owns weapons as they turned away.

All in due time...

He remained still in his seat, staring at the wall, his hands clasped and laying supported on his knees.

But, after a minute, he glanced through his peripheral vision for any unwelcome eyes. There was an agent watching him outside. Feigning ignorance, Taskmaster pretended to stretch his back, before leaning forward and staring down at the ground between his feet.

He could still feel the slip of paper in his boot.

All in due time...

Annnnd - done!

I'm just gonna leave you with that. >B)