Chapter 6: Well, at Least It's Not Kraven

Start from the beginning

He already had one person out for his blood, he didn't need anymore.

Well, that and the fact that Kraven wasn't coming put him in a good mood, so he had nothing to really feel sour about anyway.

_______~Line Break~ _________________________

Taskmaster was being escorted to the top of the Tricarrier by 8 guards. They had retrieved him from his cell and given him his confiscated clothes back - well, all aside from his weapons, which he was told would be on the jet, where he would be joining Captain America, Hulk, and Kazar on some silly mission.

Ugh, this almost wasn't worth it.

Not only did he have his hands cuffed behind his back, but he was blindfolded too. Probably Fury's idea; didn't want him to memorize S.H.I.E.L.D's interior design or anything, which was annoying. Not that he needed his sight to tell where his escorts were, anyway. He heard their footsteps, there were three guards on each side of him, and one both behind and in front, their gloves whined quietly as their guns rubbed against the tight, leathery texture.

He'd admit he wasn't used to being held as a prisoner, especially in a place as horrible as S.H.I.E.L.D. His days serving the organization was like a humiliating slap to the face. But at least he understood their customs and tactics enough that he could get outta here the first instance the cuffs snapped off.

It was just a shame he was otherwise...occupied.

____~LINE BREAK~___

The teens didn't say anything else the rest of the way up to the landing strip. There, the rest of the team, the Avengers, and some of the staff were waiting. A couple of them were helping the agents stock the ship with necessary provisions, food, water bottles, and, of course, weapons. Parachutes were checked and made sure to be in mint condition, the jet's systems were thrumming and top-notch, there was even a lifeboat deflated and folded against the wall.

The send-off group didn't plan on staying long in the Savage Lands, but they didn't want to be caught unprepared for anything either, be it a dinosaur attack, an unplanned crash, or even a maniacal hunter out for you or your brothers blood - did Kazar mention how happy he was that Kraven wasn't going? The hunter said he'd prefer to stay and continue observing the Infected, which was perfectly fine with the teen. Besides, if there was anyone who had a better chance of navigating the Savage Lands than Kazar, it would be Kraven, and they didn't need that guy to run off and try to kill them as they slept, or sacrifice some magical t-rex for super strength, or something like that.

But, despite how happy Kazar was about Kraven staying - if anyone caught on to his good attitude toward that - he still felt particularly sour that it was Taskmaster who was accompanying them. It WAS Taskmaster, after all, who brought Kraven to the Savage Lands for him and his brother in the first place. Thankfully though, as skilled as Taskmaster was, didn't know as much about the Savage Lands and its terrain like Kazar or Kraven to be a serious threat if he decided to go it alone for a while. Buuut he still knew enough to survive for s short time, should anything happen. Not to mention he was, admittedly, a good fighter and would come in handy against any troubles.

But still...

Hmmm....speaking of a certain combat-chameleon, where was he? The guy wasn't with the awaiting send-off group or being kept under watch in a small corner of the deck where he could easily be pushed off without anyone notice... The man's absence made a small part of Kazar flicker with hope. Maybe Taskmaster wasn't coming after all!

But did he dare believe his luck could be that good? If Spider-Man taught him one thing, it's "to never trust in your luck. If you believe you're in the green, then the universe will fall on you like the Juggernaut and crush you with disappointment and pain and a whole, whole lot of paranoia." Spider-Man's words, not his.