Chapter 16

Omg thank you all for 15k. I'm actually so surprised this got so far, even after the huge writers block I had.

I'm sorry if the chapter is a bit shitty. I was writing this during our finals week, and I've been studying so much that I haven't really thought to edit this.

Ill probably publish this on the day of my last final, but yea.

•••

•••

It had been a week since I first arrived at the Trancy manor. Alois was as normal as he could get, which meant he was still his bipolar self.

We both were currently lounging around the living area while laying upside down on the sofa. The only entertainment we could think of having was ourselves.

Alois stood up and reached over to the coffee table, taking a sip from the glass filled with water. I was still upside down and I stared at how he gulped the water.

Alois and I have certainly gotten close. I never thought that I would be so, how do I put it, carefree around him. He seemed like a lost childhood friend and we immediately clicked.

The only problem was that I would have to leave in 1 week. Alois was quite devastated when we got the letter from the Queen, saying that I would have to leave soon.

Alois removed the seal from the letter. I curiously peaked over his shoulder and the seal was obviously the Queens.

Alois read the letter and it was silent between us. You could hear a pin drop as he skimmed through the words written on the page.

All of a sudden, the blonde grunted and threw the letter across the room. His face was red, in either anger or sadness, I couldn't tell. His eyes were glossy, but his expression showed he was angry.

I walked over to the letter and bent down to pick it up. Alois immediately came over and slapped my hand away from the letter. "You can not read that!" He shouts angrily.

I stood straight and looked up at him. My arms were crossed and so was I. "And why is that?" I ask. Alois' expression softens and a sob escapes his lips.

I uncross my arms and wrap them around Alois as a sob escaped his mouth. "You'll leave me if you read it." He cried.

I pull him off me and grip tightly on his shoulders. "Why would I want to leave?" I asked him softly. His eyes widened, but once again were shining with tears.