Chapter 14

12k? Seriously? It's been like a week :')

•••••

•••••

The manor was beautiful, inside and out. The floors were gold and everything was kept tidy. Claude unemotionally guided us through the manor while Alois jumped like a child.

"Claudeeee! Hurry up!" The blonde whines. Claude rolls his eyes but fastened his pace like his master commanded.

I looked around and noticed the beautiful purple flowers in vases all down the hall. A flower was wilting in one of the vases, but no one seemed to notice.

I felt my spine shiver at the sensation of being watched. I turn my head and see Alois staring at me with his large blue eyes.

I nervously sent a smile towards him and his cheeks visibly turned red. He smiled and looked away. I looked towards Claude and noticed that he kept looking down the left hall.

I peeked over and noticed a woman with purple hair tending to the flowers. She had a long dress on and was quietly fixing flowers.

I tried to look over at her face but her periwinkle locks covered it. She turned her head and her eye bore into me.

A bandage was wrapped around her head and it covered her eye. My breath stopped when I realized that this is what people were gossiping about. Alois apparently stabbed his maids eye for spilling tea or something.

I looked over at him and saw him sending daggers towards the maid. She ran over and bowed nervously and tended to the wilting flower beside me.

I pitied her and I wanted to help, but the look Alois gave her was frightening. She had a aura of power around her and it got me thinking.

Why are there so many magical beings lately? Next thing I know, there will be creatures killing citizens and we'll have no idea what they are.

Claude finally stopped and I almost bumped into his back. I stepped back anxiously when he stared me down. "Your room, Lady {Surname}." He opens the large doors to our left and my eyes looked around, analyzing every detail of the room.

The whole room had dark wallpaper with floral patterns all around. The bedsheets had the same style, except it only consisted of purple lilies. I took a whiff of the room and the scent of nature flooded my nose.

There were many plants in the room, most consisting of flowers. They were all so pretty that I couldn't help but want to take all of them home.

Claude turned away and led Henry towards his room. I waved goodbye and Henry did so as well.

Alois was still jittery and when I entered my room, he came in with me. It was surprising at first, but I knew I was supposed to help him not ruin his name.