TWL and STORY TIME

Story time guys - Me and Amelia

So back when I was 8, I was signed up for this weird college class over the summer by my school. It was for a ton of people from around the county I live in, and the school paid for me to go. There were a ton of people between 10-14 years old there. I was the youngest, and arguably the most awkward (I was like a meter/ 3 feet tall until I was 10).

No one really talked to me at all on the first day. The second day of this class thing (it was 4 or 5 days long) this girl (who I believe was 10 at the time) came up and sat next to me. She started talking to me. I think her name was Rebecca, but I'm just going to call her Amelia (she reminded me of a character named Amelia Jones... actually, her name might have been Amelia...).

She and I became good friends, and I swear she was into me. Maybe I liked her, I don't know though. I tried not to get too attached because at the end of those days in class, I knew I'd never see her again.

We made this fake slime stuff that she loved. We also made these weird "Lava Lamps" with oil and water, and we used salt and antacids to make it give bubbles toward the top. She loved the bubbles. I think hers was green, and I know mine was blue. She actually slipped one of the antacid tablets into my lamp thing. She shook hers up so she could watch the oil and water separate, but I insisted that she left mine go.

We wrote little notes to each other on the last day of the class. I've lost mine, and she probably lost hers too.

I don't remember her often anymore. I'm sure she doesn't remember me at all.

But I wish I could see her again, you know, for the old fun of it.