| ten |

"Happiness [is] only real when shared" - Jon Krakauer
-------------------------------------------------

Later that day
ten>>Rose

As I grow older,

I pay less attention to what people say.

I just watch what they do.

"I don't know how to thank you Ebony," I smiled, walking with Ebony out the house. "You've really helped me out a lot."

"You really don't need to thank me," Ebony smiled at me. "You know what you can do? You can write my boss at the clinic and tell him that you've never met a skilled or more professional therapist."

"I wanna thank you also Ebony," My mother followed us out the house smiling. "Do you see her, she's doing way better then she was before."

"Yes, you are truly gifted at what you do Ebony," I said.

"Thank you," Ebony leaned in a gave me a hug. "We're still on for Monday right?"

"Yes, get home safely." I said, waving good-bye.

"Take care," My mother said before helping me back into the house.

"I will!" Ebony shouted before getting into her car.

Ebony was having trouble starting up her car.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, turning back around.

"Don't worry, this happens all the time. It's about time for me to get a new car," Ebony joked. "It's probably just the battery, I'll be fine."

"It sounds more than just some battery," My mother implied. "Would you like me to take you home?"

"No, no, please go on inside, go on."

"Nonsense, you can't be late picking up your child," I said. "My mother can take you to pick him up while I wait for a tow truck for you."

"It's alright." Ebony said.

"Little girl, get your ass in this car." My mother said, waiting for her to get into the car with her.

---

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for the tow-truck to show up to pick up Ebony's car when Chris came barging into the house.

"Hey baby," I smiled.

"Hey, what's up?" He said, placing his basketball and gym bag near the door.

"Not much," I replied. "How was your day with the boys?"

"Are you feeling alright?" Chris came over and felt my head. "You're not warm or anything."

"Why are you asking if I'm feeling well?" I joked.

"Because you're asking about the kids, you usually don't even bother to ask about them," He answered, plopping down beside me on the couch. "You was just fussing with me about spending to much time coaching them."

"I just thought since they mean so much to you, why not get to know more about your team," I said. "I was hoping to come to the team's big game, if you don't mind."

Chris gave me a kiss on the lips. "You know you can come to the games anytime you want, where is your mama? Did she finally leave?"

"No, she went with Ebony to pick up her son and then drop them off at home." I answered. "I'm suppose to be waiting for the tow-truck to get here to pick up her car."

"What's wrong with her car?" He asked, getting up from the couch to go to the kitchen.

"She said something about her battery," I said. "But I don't know anything about cars so I wouldn't know."

Chris grabbed a bottled water out of the fridge. "I think that's the tow-truck out there right now."

Chris helped me up from the couch and we both walked outside.

"Hello ma'am," The guy smiled, handing me a clipboard that had a sheet of paper on it. "Just sign on the lines near the x."

I signed the paper and handed it back to him.

"Thank you for picking up the car," I said, smiling at him.

"It's my job."

We watched at the man picked up Ebony's car and got back into his truck.

"Have a nice day you two," The man said before driving away.

Chris and I walked back into the house, sitting back onto the couch.

"How is therapy working out for you?"

"It's working out pretty good, you can see I'm walking on my feet again," I explained. "She's really good at what she does."

"I see that you're finally seeing that," He stated. "You were so mean to her when ya'll first met."

"That was only because I didn't know her like that," I responded. "You can't expect me to just be cool with a stranger being in my house. I just needed sometime."

"That's good that you're doing better though," Chris implied, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really," I sighed, skimming through the TV channels. "You want to watch a movie?"

I laid my head on Chris's chest and grabbed his hand to see that it was all bruised up. "Baby what happened to your hand?"

"Nothing, it was just a little disagreement at the gym," He answered, staring up at the TV. "Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure it was nothing?" I asked.

"I'm sure Rose, just watch the movie," He sighed.

"Okay..."

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my new story, please tell me what you think of it so far. Honest feedback would help a lot.

COMMENT | VOTE | SHARE

©_Legally_