| one |

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."- Martin Luther King
-------------------------------------------------

Present day
one >>Chris

That's how young love always starts out.

Feels like the honeymoon would last forever.

But like the pastor said...

Life has a way of knocking the hell out of you.

I parked my car in-front of my house, letting out a loud sigh before stepping out of the car.

I walked inside to see my wife rushing down the steps.

"Hey baby," I shut the door behind me. "Sorry I'm late."

"Hey, baby." She walked into the kitchen.

"There was a lot of traffic coming home."

"It's okay baby," Rose smiled as she put on her earrings.

"But look at you-" I walked over to her. "Looking sexy in that little outfit of yours."

"Oh-"She placed a grape in her mouth. "No baby, I just did my make-up."

"Alright then."

"But this is it," Rose smacked her hand against a sheet of paper.

"What is this?" I asked.

"This new clothing company, I've been dying to get my hands on," She said. "I think I'm going to get a offer on it soon."

"When are you planning on doing this?"

"I was hoping I could get it done tonight," She looked at me.

"Not tonight baby," I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Why not tonight?" She pouted.

"Well- you know, I thought we could spend a little alone time together," I kissed her neck.

"Chris- I would love that, but I have to get this done," She pushed me away. "Everything I make, helps pay for this house."

It's like we never spend time together anymore.

"Plus, if I get this deal. It can help you get that nice car, you've been dreaming about."

I looked down at the table as she continued speaking.

"Chris-Appearance means a lot, if you're trying to start a business...driving around in that broke-down car of yours, isn't going to get you anywhere."

I sat down in the chair.

I was starting to get frustrated.

"Appearance is everything, that's what you said?" I asked.

"I'm just saying, you can't show up to someone's office...talking about you wanting to open up your own recreation center...in that broke-down car, that look like it's about to shut-down completely."

"I happen to like my broken-down car," I announced.

"Okay-what about we have sometime alone this weekend," Rose sat on my lap as she locked her fingers with mines.

"That sounds like a good idea," I kissed her hand. "But it has to be after Saturday."

"Why?"

"I'm meeting the boys and team on Saturday."

"The boys?" Rose got up from my lap.

"But...listen to me- after that, it could just be me and you." I grabbed her waist. "And then we can talk about something else, if you know what I mean."

"Oh, God, please," She pushed me away. "Don't press your luck...and there goes our quality time. You ruined it brother."

I watched Rose grab her belongings from the table.

"Are you going to hoop later?" Rose stopped mid-way before walking out of the door.

"Yeah. I'm probably going to meet Brock and Tree later."

"Good, good, you know, because you need a little work out." Rose pressed my stomach.

"You ain't feeling nothing-"

"Yes, I am baby." She slapped my butt. "Get your hoop on."

"Quit doing that," I shouted.

"I'll see you later, okay?" She shouted before walking out the door.

"She don't feel nothing," I mumbled to myself as I felt my stomach.

-------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading my new story, please tell me what you think of it so far. Honest feedback would help a lot.

COMMENT | VOTE | SHARE
©_Legally_