| three |

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela

-------------------------------------------------

Basketball Court
three>>Chris

I say what I want to say and do what I want to do.

There's no in between.

People will either love you for it or hate you for it.

Me and my boys were now at the gym shooting some hoops.

"Tree! Pass the ball with your short ass," I yelled. "I'm open."

Tree passed the ball to me.

I dribbled the ball.

Shooting it in the net and accidentally hitting Marcus in the face.

"Damn," Tree stared in Marcus face. "You good my friend?"

"Keep up buddy!" I passed the ball to Marcus.

I ran after Marcus...blocking his shot.

Brock tried knocking the ball out his hand but only to get knocked out himself.

"Shake it off," I helped Brock off the floor.

"What the fuck was that?" Brock pushed Marcus.

Before I could even say anything...

Marcus punched Brock in the face.

"Get the fuck off me man," Brock was being held back by the rest of the guys.

"What the hell was that for man?" Tree stepped up to Marcus.

Marcus pushed Tree on the ground.

"You better check yourself," I walked up to him. "You ain't in the prison yard no more."

"What?"

"You heard me," I stated.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"And you don't know what you're talking about," I said back.

I turned around, "Ball up."

"Why you acting like you better than everybody?" He asked. "We grew up in the same hood."

"Whatever," I shot my hands up in the air. "Don't drop the soap."

"Get out of here with that bull-shit," Marcus picked up the ball and threw it.

"Watch out Chris," Tree yelled out.

Marcus started walking towards the exit.

"So that's it?" I asked. "Game-over."

"Why the hell are you still here?" Tree asked Marcus friend. "Aren't you with him."

Marcus tossed the chair on the ground before walking out the gym.

"Get down!" Tree yelled. "He shooting."

Tree dropped to the ground.

"Get your scary ass up," I helped him up.

"It ain't my fault...I thought his ass was shooting," Tree joked. "My bad."

>>Rose

I decided to have lunch with my mother and discuss a few things with her.

"How is that business going of yours?" My mother asked. "I'm so proud of you."

"It's going-well good I guess you can say that," I poured some dressing on my salad. "I'm working on something big right now."

"What might that be?"

"When It happens, I will let you know mamma." I stated.

"I see...well how is everything with you and Chris?"

"We're fine," I ate my salad. "It's just with me working and everything. It's hard for us to have some alone time."

"I hope you're not the only one providing for the family," My mother looked at me.

"I'm not," I spoke. "Chris is trying to do big things...he's trying to open up a recreation center."

"Like I just said-I hope you're not the only one bringing in that money," My mother sipped her drink. "You need to tell his lazy ass to go find a job."

"Mom!" I looked at her. "Don't disrespect Chris like that...he's still my husband."

"I'm just saying," She stated. "You can't be the only one bringing in money sweet-heart. He has to get up and work too."

"You know he's still coaching that basketball team right?"

"And?"

"He's really busy with that," I said. "He really enjoy working with those kids."

"That ain't no real job. That's just a fun little hobby," My mother ate her salad. "I want my baby to be with a man that can take care of her."

"Chris does take care of me...you making it sound like he's some bad guy or something."

"That's not what I'm saying...it's just that I don't want to see you heart-broken if things don't go as planned with you and Chris."

"Me and Chris have been together for almost five years mamma," I threw my container in the garbage. "I thought you would accept him by now."

"I'm sorry if I made you upset," My mother held my hand. " I love you sweetheart."

"It's fine. I know you just want the best things for me. But it's some things that you should just keep to yourself," I stated. "And I know you can't help saying what's on your mind but I wish you would just accept the fact that me and Chris is always going to be together."

"I'm sorry for saying those things Rose," My mother stated. "I just want you to be happy."

"I am happy mamma," I looked at her. "Chris makes me happy."

"I can see that," My mother smiled. "I will never say anything about Chris again."

"Thank you."

I hugged my mother.

We just continued talking until it was time for me to head back inside.

"I love you mamma," I hugged her tightly.

"I love you more. Always remember that."

-------------------------------------------------Thanks for reading my new story, please tell me what you think of it so far. Honest feedback would help a lot.

COMMENT | VOTE | SHARE
©_Legally_