Chapter 10

Yay, Double digits! Please give me some feedback, I love it :) 

Also, picture of Jayden on the side------------>

Riley POV

In less than a second, Nate was in front of me, keeping me from view. The four men chuckled. "Relax man, we're the new guards," one of them said, "We were told to get to know Riley so we can protect her better." 

Nate visibly relaxed and chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry, I guess I can be a little over-protective..." he said. I laughed and walked out of his grip.

"A little?" I joked and kissed him on the cheek. I walked over to the four men and held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Riley," I said. They smiled and introduced themselves. Wren, Mack, Louis, and Tyler. They were all huge, but Wren was by far the biggest. 

"We were sent to guard you from the Matthew's organization. We'll guard you from afar, so you don't feel too uncomfortable. Plus, you have your mate to act like a guard, too," Tyler said. I nodded.

"Thank you, it's nice to meet all of you. We should go see what my family wanted to talk  to us about," I said and grabbed Nate's hand as we walked into the kitchen. Grace, Cameron, and my dad were all in there eating breakfast. Nate slung his arm around my shoulder, and placed a kiss to my head.

"Breakfast?" My dad said. I nodded and grabbed a plate for both me and Nate. 

We sat down at the table and started eating. I looked at my brother nervously. I hope he still wasn't mad at me for last night...

"I'm sorry Cameron," I said, "I should've known not to go out and-"

"Ri..." Cameron cut me off. I shifted in my seat. "Don't be sorry. There was no way you could've known those guys would be out there. I'm sorry for yelling at you, it's not your fault. I just... I was just angry and...scared that I could have lost you." he finished. I got up from my chair, and gave him a tight hug.

"It's okay," I said. He smiled and I went to sit back down to finish my breakfast. 

"So, now that that's all settled," my dad said, "We were thinking Riley, that if you were feeling better, you could maybe go to school? I'm sure it would give you a better sense of normalcy now that you're back," he finished. I bit my lip nervously. I hated school. I hated how the guys stared at me, and how the girls glared at me. Reluctantly, I nodded. I need to get back on track. "Great!" my dad said, "I've already enrolled Nate, so take a car and you can drive there together." he finished. 

I get to go to school with Nate? I grinned. Now school doesn't seem so bad! I looked over at Nate. I gave me his famous half-smile and winked. 

Who knew I could experience the lowest point of my life, and then have it all turned around by one person? I blinked several times. I still couldn't believe that this amazing boy was in my life. 

******************************************************************************************

Our pack had a garage that everyone uses. We don't mind who uses who's car. It's usually first come, first serve. I let Nate pick out a car. He looked like a kid at a candy store looking at all of the cars. He finally decided on a black Mustang GT. He was smiling and looked pretty excited to drive it.