Chapter 4

Thought this song fit the chapter well.--------->

Riley POV

Nate seemed kind of... shocked. He knew this was happening right? His face became murderously angry and his hold on me tightened. "Nate?" I asked. That seemed to bring him back to reality and his face softened. 

"I-I'll tell you all about it later Riley. Let's just get you cleaned up first." he said. I looked down at myself. Oh right, I'm covered in blood. He ripped a strip of fabric off his shirt and pressed it to my head. He tilted my chin up with his fingers, chuckling when I instantly looked back down to his now visible abs. I looked up at him, and I peered into his eyes looking for answers. They were so beautiful; as I looked closer I could see that there was a small ring of black around the blue. 

"J-Jack right? He's going to come back down here and hurt me again? Why Nate? Why would you let him do this to me!" I gestured to my scratched and bruised body, confused and scared of this whole situation. Am I sure Nate is my mate? Mates are supposed to protect each other, right? A tear rolled down my cheek. D*mnit Riley you're not supposed to cry. I looked at Nate, his face looked pained but furious. Like he wanted to hold me but punch a wall at the same time. 

Nate is my mate, I'm sure of it. Only my mate would react to my pain the way he did. 

He took my hands in his and leant his forehead gently against mine. I guess this is our thing now. It was comfortable. He took a deep breath. 

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, Riley. I should have stopped him- should've protected you-I would've...I should have..." he started. He was rambling. So I leaned forward and gently pressed my lips on his. That seemed to shut him up. Sparks immediately flew from his lips to mine. This felt good. This is where I was meant to be. After I pulled away, he had his eyes closed and lips halfway parted, like he didn't comprehend what just happened. I laughed at his confused face. 

He opened his eyes fully and gave me one of those half-smiles. "What's so funny?" he said. I looked up at him from under my eyelashes- the way I used to look at my dad when I was in trouble. It's the total innocent face. "Your face." I said simply. 

Before I could even comprehend what happened, Nate was already kissing me. He licked my lips, asking for entrance, which I gave him. He backed me up against the wall of my cell, and used his arms to trap me against the wall and his body. Like I was going anywhere, this was too good. Our tongues fought for dominance, and when his won, it explored my mouth making me moan. 

He then wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, while I wrapped my legs around him. I ran my hands through his hair- God it was soft! He let out a groan/growl. I felt it rumble in his chest. I guess he likes when I play with his hair! 

After about ten minutes of making out, I pulled away gasping for breath. He chuckled and pecked me on the lips one more time. But he didn't let me go. Instead he sat down and pulled me onto his lap. "Please tell me now," I said. 

"I never wanted Jack to hurt you," he said. His jaw stiffened. He was obviously uncomfortable talking about this. I kissed his cheek, and he held me tighter. Like he didn't want to lose me. "I'm not going anywhere," I reassured him. 

"I was in a pack. Jack was in it too. He had a mate and everything was fine, but then she got killed by rogues. Jack went completely insane and killed everyone in my pack except for me. He liked me I guess. and now he likes to take she-wolves and torture them so that males will know what it's like to not have a mate, that's why you're here." He said all in one breath. He looked at me, waiting for my reaction. 

"B-but if he likes you then why would he want to hurt me, your mate?" He gulped when I said this. "Riley, he doesn't know you're my mate," he said, "And he can't find out. He won't hesitate to kill you, in fact he would torture you more because you're my mate. And I can't let you die, Riley, I won't let you die." He seemed so frustrated. 

"So me being kidnapped, and you being my mate..." I started. "It's a coincidence. Bad luck, I guess." he said. What? He thinks me being his mate is bad luck? My wolf was whimpering. "Sorry to be such a burden to you Nate." I said icily. 

"No, sweetheart you're anything but a burden. You're the most stunning girl I've ever seen in my life and I am honored to be your mate. It's bad luck that I had to bring you into this dangerous lifestyle. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to be somewhere where we don't have to hide that we're mates. I want to be somewhere I can be with you without getting us killed!" Nate said.

He grabbed onto his hair and tugged on it. I could see he does that a lot when he gets frustrated or nervous. He then looked up at me with a pleading expression on his face. How could I stay mad at that?  "Nate I don't think you're a bad person," I said, "None of this is your fault. Jack hurting me is not your fault." 

"I could have come down sooner. I could have stopped him. But I'm going to make it up to you, Riley. I'm going to get you out of here. I'm going to get us out of here," he promised. I could see he truly meant it. He would try with everything he had to make sure I was safe. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but I blinked them away. God, I've been emotional lately. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking up at him with my chin on his chest. He was pretty tall, towering over my 5'4 frame. 

Nate POV. 

I promised her I'd get her out of here. And I would. She deserves a better life than a life here, hiding. She deserves the world. She looked up at me with her big blue eyes and I couldn't resist pressing my lips onto her soft ones. 

After I pulled back I looked at my watch. 11:30 p.m. F*ck I've been in here for over three hours. "Sweetheart I've got to go know. Jack will be suspicious and come down here." I told her. God, I didn't want to leave her. This is for her own good. Jack won't bother with her if I keep him busy. She whimpered and I almost gave in. Almost. "Riley I'll be back in 20 minutes, tops. I just have to make up a story to Jack about how I have to sleep in here." Hell no I wasn't leaving her alone in here all night. I've seen what the guards do to the girls at night. 

She nodded and stepped back, looking scared. I wanted to run back to her and tell her I wasn't leaving, that I never would let her out of my arms again. No. I have to do this or Jack will hurt her. With one last look at my beautiful mate trying desperately to look strong for me, I locked the cell. 

Fan/Vote/Comment! :)