Sleeping Visions

| Third Person |   

Bob sat against the bars of their prison, their legs crossed and their eyes closed. They remembered the first time they'd met 'Atsu', and immediately knew they needed her.

Bob, in the form of Christina, was also sitting in the memory, but instead in a thick tree branch, leaning against a maple tree's trunk. "But Greeeeeek," Bob's soft white ear twitched, listening in on their conversation, "Wouldn't it be good for Atsu to get out and make some friends in the village?"

"Like I said, Latin," A male voice hissed at the female, "Mistress needs to focus on her training. She doesn't have time for.. friends."

"But Greeeeeeeeeeek-"

"No, Latin!"

"Ugh! You're such a party-pooper." The female, or Latin, grumbled, "No wonder Atsu likes me more." Latin giggled excitedly as the male, Greek, growled lowly at her.

"I was here way, before you, pipsqueak. No one will be able to serve Mistress as diligently as I, so it is no doubt she likes, no, loves me more!" Greek retorted, trying to sound sophisticated, but he just sounded childish in more than enough words.

"Someone's jealous.." Latin cooed, and Bob-Christina slowly opened their eyes to see a black flash chase after an even faster white flash.

"Hm.." Bob slowly looked up at the maple tree's fresh green leaves. Summer was reaching its peak, and it would soon grow cold in the Land of Lightning.

"Hello." A little girl with long, wild white hair swung down in front of Bob's face and they gave a sufficient shriek in surprise. "What're you doing here?"

"What am I- what are you doing here?" Bob whisper-shouted, pressing themselves against the tree's massive body as the little girl rested her hand on Bob's branch, letting her legs fall until she sat calmly before Bob.

"I asked first." She replied, and the two stared at each other for an awkward moment.

Sighing, Bob answered, "I'm waiting for something."

"For what?"

"I dunno."

The girl tilted her head, "That's dumb."

"Hey!" Bob's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, and they crossed their arms.

The girl watched Bob, before reaching up and grabbing them by the ears. "You have fluffy ears." Bob's cheeks sweetened further, and they coughed softly.

"Anyway-" Bob swatted away her hands, "What is a little girl like you doing all alone?" She couldn't have been older than six, but her body was covered in scars and bruises, and her clothing was tattered like she'd been living in the wild for a while.

"I'm not alone." She replied, "I'm never alone..." Glancing down at her bandaged hands, she looked back up at Bob. "But I'm training. There is gonna be a big war, and I'm supposed to help." Her once cold eyes started to glimmer, not with childish wonder, but with burning determination, "I'm gonna make friends, and I'm gonna be the one to save them. If I don't, I might as well die!"

Bob sighed, rubbing the back of their neck as they stared at their scaled feet. "Damn, she's always been so intense. Freakin' drama queen."

Naruto had already left with Jiraiya to find Tsunade, one of the legendary Sannin and the best healer around.

Kakashi sat beside Atsu, who was sleeping soundly in her hospital bed, her body twitching every now and then. "Dammit, Atsu.." He grumbled, dragging his hand over his face and sighing. First, she disappears without a word, and now when she comes back, she immediately ends up in the hospital.

Having a kid was a hard business. Or was that just because it was Atsu?

Kakashi didn't turn towards the hospital room door when it opened, keeping his eyes on Atsu, as if she would up and disappear, again.

"What happened?" Kakashi glanced up at Sasuke, who now stood across from him, staring down at the comatose kunoichi.

"Dunno." He replied lamely, and Sasuke gave him a blank look. "Yeah, yeah." He muttered, before gently taking Atsu's hand and squeezing it. "She'll be fine. Atsu's strong so she'll wake up sooner rather than later." That's all he could do, squeeze her hand and wait. Waiting for Atsu to wake up, or for Tsunade to arrive.

He brought Atsu's hand to his mask, resting his lips on her hand. He prayed to whatever god would listen, before getting up and placing her hand on her stomach.

"Let's go," Kakashi said to Sasuke, and the two left the room, soon to battle with Itachi and Kisame.

Naruto knelt down to fix his sandal, smiling as he also fixed his ninja headband. Sasuke, Kakashi, Atsu. I'll surprise all of you. Maybe Sakura will even start to like me!

"Alright. Let's go!" Naruto yelled furiously, punching both fists into the air in triumph.

Naruto's yell reached drooped ears, and a matted head shifted slowly, "Naruto..?"

The wind danced violently through the village, bursting Atsu's hospital window open. Scents flooded her nose, and voices whispered in her ears. Leaves flew into the room, scattering the floor and her bed. Clouds were gathering quickly, and with them, the scent of rain.

"Mm.." Atsu stirred slightly, her eyebrows knotted together as she shifted from side to side. Her ears caught soft rumbles, her nose scrunching up at the smell of blood and mud. Sweat, a sweet nectar, and then crab apples flooded in soon after.

The scent was random, but brought a peace to Atsu's stirring, undeniably calming her down.

"Rest, Mistress. You never could go to sleep on your own." A soft, comforting whisper overthrew the whispers of the villagers and the wind, breaking her unrest and unease. "Sleep, now. I will handle this, as your faithful servant."

Atsu's chest rose, her back arching slightly, before she fell. Something had been ripped from her, but she seemed to be sleeping better than before. "Save yourself."

With that, the leaves and wind retreated, and the window closed. The clouds dispersed slowly, the sun peaking through the dark clouds.

Save yourself.