Chapter 32 ❌

Ever get the feeling of being scared? Not just the regular scared, like how you feel after watching a horror movie, but the scared of knowing you can't handle something, or scared your not worth it.

Yeah, well that's how my Father makes me feel, not like 'Daddy's princess' more like Daddy's disappointment.

The point is, he left not with a reason and it lowers my self esteem, more then Bethany even though I haven't had a run in with her, ever since I met Alex.

I wish he could just solve my problems with father, but it's more complicated than that, and that's what makes it hard, but God never gives you something you can't handle.

**

''I don't wanna go.'' I whine, looking at Alex who smiles softly.

''You have to, for me.'' He says brushing a strand of hair behind my ears.

I look into his blue eyes, that I never fail to get lost in. ''Fine, I'll go.'' I sigh reluctantly.

''That's my baby." I was so lost in his eyes that I forgot what I agreed on, Guess it's official though, I'm meeting my father.
**

I look at the restaurant, it simple and not eye-catching but little so I know, it holds the answers, to the questions I've been dying to ask for years. When I was about   four it was, ''Why do all the other girls and boys have a Daddy and I don't?''

When I was about ten at Father's day I asked, ''Who will I give the card to if I don't have a father?''

When I was fifteen, ''Why did dad leave, was it because of me?, Did he love his daughter? His son? His wife?''

But unfortunately, they may never get answered, but maybe they will, I'll never know, it all holds to the simple restaurant

Knowing, I probably look like a starving hobo, I walk into the restaurant, and spot my father, he could be my twin, he looks exactly like me.

I don't know if it's a curse or not. Seeing as he's not ugly, no wonder my mom liked him.

''Rebecca,'' I hear him say, as I near him, I refrain myself from greeting him as, sperm donor. But instead, ''Father.''

''You look beautiful, you've really grown up.'' he commented smiling.

''Wouldn't you know?'' I bite giving him a pointed look, it was a low blow, but wasn't it lower on how he left with the circumstances?

He ignores my comment, and sighs. ''How's Ashton?'' He asks smiling.

''Good.'' if this was how all night would work I might as well leave seeing as he only likes small talk.

And how I like my curt answers.

''Look, Bec-''

''Rebecca to you, only people close to me call me that.'' I cut him off.

''Rebecca, I know your mad about how, I left-''

''Me? Mad, you got it all wrong I'm outraged!'' I shout causing people to look at me.

''But, you have it all wrong.'' he finally finished.

''What could be wrong? You left! You left two kids and a sick mother alone, might I add we struggled, with everything, everything!''

I raise my voice and this time a waiter came over to our table.

''Is everything okay? You're distribution is not welcome at this restaurant.'' I nod brushing the waiter off.

''Look, I'm sorry for that but your mother, forced me to go, she was so hell-bent that she was dying that she told me to move on leave.''

I felt as if someone poured cold water down my back, my mom forced, him to go?

She thought she was going to die, move on?

She thought it would be better if she died and we would have nobody at all? What were they thinking? Just what in the hell were they thinking?

''And you listened? You thought she was going to die, too? That it would be better if we didn't have a father to support us if she did die, nobody at all.''

I whispered tears forming in my eyes.

I look at my father, hurt in my features. He nodded looking down, I stood up and headed out the restaurant.

''Rebecca!'' He called but I ignored it, I ignored everything.

My movements were robotic when I called a cab, went back to the hotel, hell even my tears were robotic, I felt numb the only question on my mind was

Why?

''Love, Bec are you alright?'' Alex asks walking up to me, as soon as
I gazed into his eyes, is when I broke down.

''I don't know what to think anymore, Alex.'' I sobbed into his chest as he held me.

''I don't know who to trust.'' I say.

''You can trust me.'' He whispers kissing my forehead.

''I know, thank God for you Alex.''

**

After explaining, everything to Alex, we lay on the hotel bed in each others arms eating junk food and watching movies.

''You okay?''

''Yeah, I got you to make me okay.''

''God, that was cheesy.'' he laughs.

''Shut up.'' I blush throwing a pillow at his face.

''Aww you're cute when you blush, you resemble my favorite fruit a tomato.'' He smirks.

''A tomato is clearly a vegetable.''

''No! It has seeds, what vegetable has seeds!''

''Squash!''

''Well then that's clearly a fruit too!''

''No!''

''Yes!''

''No!''

''Yes!''

''Yes!'' I smirk.

''No! Hey you can't do that!''

''Reverse psychology baby.''

And, that's how Alex made me forget about my shitty life, tomatoes who knew?

***
Yeah! Another chapter, how'd you like it? Comment and VOTE!! Hope you guys like the story! It might be coming to an end soon I don't know, but I do know there's not gonna be a sequel unless I change my mind, but anyways happy reading loves!!