Chapter 11 ❌

I was going to see my mom in the hospital today considering I haven't seen her in about a week or two, that's the longest I've been without seeing my mom and I have to commit to seeing her at least five times a week because I might not see her again, considering she has cancer and all.

It just makes me so sad to see her like this, wired, having to work twice as hard to blink, to breathe to survive. But my mom was strong, I knew she would fight this.

I walk out my front door eating an apple and walk to the bike I forget I had in my garage.
**
Later, I arrive at the hospital and greet Beth the clerk.

"Hey Beth." I smile at her whilst she grins "Hello. Rebecca haven't seen you in a little while, you okay?" she asks looking concerned, I nod.

"Yeah, I'm alright just been caught up in school and people."

I say and she looks at me knowingly. "Is it a boy?"

She asks and I blush thinking of Alex I don't like him but he isn't bad after all. "No just a friend that happens to be a boy." I say waving and walking to my mother's room.
**
When I see my mother I gasp and tears brim my eyes, but the good tears, she was right, she is getting better. There are not that many wires connected to her and she isn't as pale, also the color in her eyes aren't such a dull green, but a bright green.

"M-mom." I choke, going to her bed and hugging her gently but it surprises me when she squeezes back, she gained some more strength as well. "Hey honey." she smiles down at me.

"You're getting better." I grin up at her a tear falling down my eye but mom wipes it away gently.

"Yeah I am. the doctors say in about a month I can make a full recovery and they will release me and I can come home again."

She says smiling,
"Have you told Ash this yet?"

I ask her and she nods. "He came to see me earlier today and he saw the improvement in me and I told him the good news."

I smile hugging her again.

"I knew you could beat this mom, you're a fighter."

She smiles.

"You're also a fighter, becoming a beautiful young woman."

She says strongly. For the next hour or so I talk to my mom filling her in on my life, and I mention Alex to her, she's happy I met someone else besides Carmen, even though we knew each other for as long as we could remember.

I walk out of my mom's room and before I could walk back where Beth was, a voice stopped me.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asks looking stressed and tired.

I could tell he wasn't sleeping, with the bags under his eyes.

"I could ask you the same thing."

I say glaring and he sighs before glaring back. "Well, I asked you first so..." he says and I scoff rolling my eyes.

"None of you're business Alex."

I spat walking off, then he grabs my wrist. 

"What do you want a ride?"

He asks and I mumble stuff about him being bipolar and he mock glares. "Heard that."

He says smirking, I roll my eyes.

"Well.... it's true."

I say. "Oh and I don't need a ride I came here by bike."

I say walking off, he takes my wrist this time and pulls me out of the hospital and I see dark.

Great.

I sigh while he smirks. "It's dark I can put you're bike in my car, so you'll get home safer."

He says and I walk in the direction of my bike.

"Why do you always help me?" I ask seriously and he shrugs.

"Your my friend and that's what friends do." He says smiling down at me and for once I smile back.